1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest curve?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 6, 2012.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah the superbikes were running 200 plus through there this year, sticking your knee out at those speeds is not a good idea...
    Still the fastest corner though.

2. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Nelson has lighted porta johns.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You mean you don't drag knee at the oak tree turn @ VIR?

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

This.

At least in my experience.

5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I know the track is gone but T1 at Bridgehampton was wild and very fast. Not to mention the massive elevation change and the very small patch of pavement you needed to hit to avoid the bumps and possible yard sale of your bike and body.:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who is dragging a knee on the banking?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fastest real turn in the US is T1 Brainerd. There isn't anything else even close.

8. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

9. That is what i was getting at when i said "curve". I wasn't talking about NASCAR banking, nor "kinks" (where you stay in a tuck and just lean the bike) like on the front stretch at VIR (and essentially even T9 at Road Atlanta).

I was talking about sure enough curves, where you are hanging off the side of the bike and have your knee out and on the ground (or close to it). That is why i mentioned T2 at Jennings and T9 at Roebling.

10. What is the average top 5 Expert mph through there?

I had to google Brainerd, I had never even heard of it. [/newb]. :D

What would you say is the fastest turn in the Southeast?

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You guys might as well quit posting now, Mongo has spoken so that's the end of it. :D

12. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Faster than the "corner" that is on the front straight at Mugello?

Hardly....:D

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Over 160. Come on up next year, I'll show you around the track. :D

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Dude. DUDE! Have you spent your whole life on that oil rig? :D

Dern, I don't think anyone hit 200 mph there. I was thinking it was 198 but I could be wrong.

15. Putter

Whoa! Did I piss Papa off last night?

16. Putter

Gotta be way over 160 for the Unlimiteds. How fast are Shane and Christian going through there?

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, 198.xx by Miggy is the fastest on record i believe. That was before T1 tho. The were backshifting before turn in. That was in 2004 I think.

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not sure about Keaveny, but Stein is a pussy thru T1(he even admits it). I'm talking turn in speed, not before turn in. Fryer used to go wide open on his R1 tho......:wow:

19. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

Willow Turn 8.

Laguna Turn 1? Or is that technically a kink? The way everyone freaked out about Stoner passing Lorenzo there makes it seem like it's a real turn.....

20. Putter

I'm not sure I believe that. He's a madman and I'm sure his bike didn't have the hp of an AMA Superbike but even those guys were downshifting. I remember your rider (Jenkins I think) and Boyd passed me right about at turn in when I was on Pat's SV during the endurance. F#cking crazy how fast those guys were going at turn in and it didn't look like they let off much after that.