1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast food price increases

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 5, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I can tell you right now... if they even think about raising the price of my $1.00 Taco Bell spicy potato soft tacos, you will see me with blood on my hands.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

If you eat that stuff you'll poop blood anyway, so what's the difference?

BrentA and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They have taco bell in Vietnam?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Mild, hot or fire?

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

you joking? Diablo all the way on my crunchy tacos

badmoon692008 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Crunchy tacos?

Get a Rope!

motion likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

It's a vice, lived in Mexico a couple of years, spent years in Central and South America, cooked/ opened a restaurant in the Caribbean serving gourmet tacos. But call it nostalgia, when I'm back in Florida go to taco bell.

BigBird likes this.
  9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

On a serious note, I believe in our lifetime, we will see fast food gone. It was designed, and made popular by being fast, convenient, and cost effective... It is now none of those things. For just a small amount more, you can have a decent sit down meal. 11.00 foot longs at Subway, 13.00 plus at McDonalds, for what I once bought for 4.76. Yeah, NO! Ski

10. Captain Morgan

Depends on the state and their minimum wage. In California and New York, can see your point where a fast food cheeseburger, fries, and a coke costs 15.00

R1Racer99 likes this.
  11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

A McD's in CT is charging $17.59 for a big mac combo.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

In a few years, all those fast food chain joints will be 100% automated, kicking out cheap, fake food for cheap. People will still be lined up for it. And nobody in America has time for sit down meals. Gotta pick up your to-go so you can rush home and watch the Kardashians on TV.

13. Captain Morgan

motion likes this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I wouldn't eat that shit if it was 79 cents. The price of potatoes and eggs is what pisses me off.

BrentA and motion like this.
  15. Captain Morgan

Not sure what it is in the US but grocery prices are insane, glad I don't own a restaurant, the prices have came down in the Bahamas since last year. Was paying over 10.00 a dozen for egglands best. Need 360 eggs for a week with guests and crew

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't really care about most of the food price increases, but olive oil up 250% is tragic.

17. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Every time I think about prices when I was fresh out of high school it makes me feel old as hell.

cola used to cost .25 and the guy making it pulled in $1.25/hr. Prices go up, wages slooooooowwwwly follow. World still spins

18. Captain Morgan

moon nassau_1.jpg
    I' m spoiled and riding it as long as possible with putting everything on a company credit card, and yesterday taking a boat that I will never afford in my life and full of fuel I could never afford. But we have fresh grouper

The Todd, Steeltoe, r6fast and 4 others like this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Taco Bell doesn't have hot sauce, they have red crap
    that is slightly spicy.

The Todd likes this.
  20. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

At least some of the ingredients at Taco Bell I actually recognize as food.