1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Pro Dyno - Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, May 10, 2017.

1. I've been saving pennies in the shop to buy a dyno. Today I was offered an old Factory Pro dyno for pretty damn cheap but it's mainly just the base with the roller and chock. It needs the computer, fan, etc.

Anyone familiar with these dynos? I've only used dynojets with bikes and dynojet/mustang with cars. Any insight to the brand or anything I should know? In the pictures it looks like it was very well maintained but I've never actually looked at buying a used dyno before.

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I use one most days, it'll be more like the Mustang dyno you've used.

Pros

True eddy current, you're measuring and seeing power immediately against the brake without having to accelerate that giant dynojet drum.

Cons

No wideband afr input into the software, have to use your own stand alone or run a 4 gas analyzer that Factory uses instead.

No tach input so you enter a tach number into the Factory software for each bike from monitoring rpm out of the ecu. No problem for running the same bike. Makes comparing runs on different bikes (same model, different customer) difficult if you've used a slightly different correction figure.

I use both dynojet with an eddy current brake and the Factory dyno. I can accomplish the same result with either. You just tweak the way you do things for each tool. Good luck, it'll be an awesome addition to your shop! And loud. And stink the place out with MR12...

:D

3. I wouldn't call it stinking it up with mr12, that stuff should be marketed as air freshener.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

That stuff is the devil in disguise of mucho hp and a sweet aroma.

Actually OP, I have to map a KX 450 today. I'll attempt to grab a quick video of setting the Factory dyno up for you.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Get a specific list of exactly what is there and then call Mark at Factory - great guy and he'll be able to tell you what else you'd need.

6. I really appreciate all the info. You're the man. Is there any maintenance that needs to be done to these things or just normal greasing the slides? Any idea on the drum? I guess I'll find out when I call Factory Pro today. I've never had maintain one.

@Mongo thats my plan. Glad I made the post too, good to hear from someone who uses one on a daily basis.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, lots of good info here no matter what the naysayers think :D

8. As long as you can get past the first 6-10 months of be fed to the wolves and have thick skin this place is great. :crackup:

TurboBlew and Banditracer like this.
  9. They no longer support or do anything with these dynos. Mustang actually produced them for Factory Pro and I'm waiting on a call back now from them.

Factory Pro has no software or anything available for it. @PMooney Jr. do you guys happen to have the software or anything for it? I would be willing to pay.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well damn. Sorry to hear that.