1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f4i questions??

Discussion in 'General' started by C.Joy, Jan 7, 2002.

1. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what things folks have found most cost effective for this bike. I haven't seen many posts on anything but GSXR's and R6's(let the jokes fly!!). So far I've only added a Yosh slip-on and frame savers(a day late I may add). Just got some rear sets but its to damn cold to put them on. Anybody tried a PCII-III. How much difference they really make(I know, stupid question). Anybody still use exhaust wrap, is it worth it? Any comments appreciated [​IMG]

2. 13x

13x 13x.com

You're racing an F4?
    [​IMG]

You must have some extra $$$. I don't know anything about add-ons for an MV. I'm a Suzuki man myself.

Jim
    AOD

PS- you couldn't possibly be talking about a Honda. No one races those (do they?). [​IMG]

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I! f4I! good luck

4. jpmarm

jpmarm Justin Marm

I got the hindle full sys and pcIII. Amazing difference in throttle response, pulls harder out of corners. Then put the Penske 2 way rear and had LE do the forks. Now that felt much better! You need the PC and a Full sys! Then take the bike to a dyno and have them make a custom fuel map for you.

5. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

Where did you go to to get yours dynoed. You'll notice that I live in Mississippi(which is a large void in the SE USA). The closest I could find a knowlegable technician is probably Atlanta. How much did you have to pay.

6. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

What part of MS are you from I am from Gulfport. I live in FL now, I don't know of any shops in MS to go to. You could look at www.Powercommander.com and see if they have a tune for your bike and pipe...not as good as a custom but a good starting point.

7. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I live about 55 minutes from the coast. You were smart in moving to Florida. It's good to know that someone got out!!!

8. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I was also going to ask you guys about gearing. I dropped one tooth on the front for Talledaga. Obviously, you go through the gears faster but it also feels like it "thinned" out the power. It almost feels like it lost power. Anybody else found this to be true.

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I don't even wanna here it! Isn't your F3 and Hawk vintage legal? [​IMG]

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Cjoy drive to Jackson there is a Dyno 250 located off I-55 at the Savannah street exit. The name of the shop escapes me ? but as of a month ago they had a brand new dyno there. $40 a run is the cost I was quoted.

I'm just north of you in Raymond, Ms. which is just outside Jackson. Good luck with the Honda [​IMG] Is your bike a red F4i by chance & you had a Toyota Tacoma pickup, If so we met the last time you were over at Talladega back in Dec. 2. If your not the same guy then my bad I'm getting old [​IMG]

When are you going back to Talladega ?

[This message has been edited by Tailender (edited 01-08-2002).]

11. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

Yeah,that was me. We had a great time that weekend. I'm going back in Feb for the Ed Bargy track days. Let me know if you going.

12. roy826ex

I was the guy talking to you & your buddy while you unloaded. I will be at the Bargy open practice on Feb. 3rd & will race on the following weekend of Feb. 9-10th. I will be driving over early AM Feb. 3rd Sunday for the practice should be at the gate around 7:30-8:00 am. See ya there.

{White Tundra with a '01 yellow GSX-R 600.}

13. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

Are you going to North Florida on Jan 19..I'm going to give it a try.

14. roy826ex

No can't make NFMP on the 19th, my bike is still not completely back together. I want to badly but it would be pushing things to rush my bike at this point. Looks like April 6th will be the 1st time I can get to that track. There is a FSRA trackday down there on Feb. 17th I believe. I read that somewhere. Maybe I could make that one if I don't crash out in my 1st race weekend Feb. 9-10th.

15. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

Right now we are just looking at track days. My bike wont be ready to pass tech for another couple of months(lacking plastic, stabilizer, some safety wire). The other guy who is going to race with me has to sell his R1 and get a real bike(--cbr600--). We are definitely going to hit a few races this year.

16. Exhaust wrap sucks! You can't change your oil without making either a major mess or a major invention to prevent it. Ceramic coatings are neat and clean though.

17. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks!!

18. roy826ex

Sounds good, I have been working on converting my bike to race only ever since I got home from that weekend at the Bargy school. It has been a long exhaustive chore & very expensive venture. My moron of a painter is what is holding me up now. He just does not seem to care that I need this stuff painted yesterday. The rest of the bike is finished. All the safety wiring is done. I'll be doing a little setup/getting used to it that weekend of the 3rd. I look forward to riding with you guys. I think a few guys from here will be attending Eds class that day but I'm not too sure.

19. hazbin

hazbin forgotten crewman

hey SBR used exhaust wrap in 98!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Quit living in the past. Embrace the future and modern technology. [​IMG]