1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f4i problamo

Discussion in 'Tech' started by t.v., Jun 10, 2003.

1. t.v.

t.v. Well-Known Member

So there I was. Flying down the straight at rrr, Drafted a guy,went into turn one,and my bike dies! I shifted down a gear,another and another.Nothin......nada.Drove off on the grass,sat there for 3 mins maybe. Pushed the start button.........vroooom.Don't understand it.Never happened before and I need some help!It's a 2001 f4i.Has never let me down until now.Any input would be appreciated.Thanx. Tim 727n

2. zrx479

zrx479 Well-Known Member

Well to start out simple, a clogged tank vent would do that.

#249 Well-Known Member

I just went through a bunch of starting/dying issues with mine. I suggest checking these things first;

1) kickstand kill sensor (if you've removed the stand)
    2) bank angle sensor (check continuity, mine just failed and caused me a DNS for 4 races at VIR until I got it diagnosed)
    3) gas tank vent tubes.

Sounds like a bank angle sensor problem to me.

4. kl954

kl954 Well-Known Member

bank angle sensor, the easy test is if you turn your ignition off and back on it fires up. If that is what happened that is what it is. Take it off and jump out the wires. I do not remember what two but you need to twist 2 of the 3 together and you will never have another problem.
    Kent

5. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

Glad to here you finally got your beast sorted out kirk. I know it was driving us all crazy. Are you going to try and make Road A now?

Thanks again for all the hospitality you and yours showed me at VIR. The food was great and the company was very entertaining.

Ross
    R6
    Novice 281

6. t.v.

t.v. Well-Known Member

Hey Ross,howz it goin man?I didn't have to find mantra,he found me! I was thinking that may be the problem,but wasn't sure.I ran off on the grass last year and as I was rollin it just died.But then it was a bumpy ride also.This time it was nice and smooth.Who knows?Anyways,the bank angle sensor is history.Caused me to get a dnf:( I sure do appreciate everyones help with my problem.I'm gonna get this baby ready for barber.Hope to see you guys out there!Thanx again...........Tim 727nv

7. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

You're going to Barber too? I think I'm going to be the only guy in WERA not going. Oh well, maybe next year. Glad you got your bike sorted out. Good luck!

Ross
    R6
    Novice 281

8. R Rahn

R Rahn re-Member

echo

Damn, I'm starting to sound pretty repetitive.

#249 Well-Known Member

Hey man, hope things are well. Yes, we finally got that figured out. I just took out the bank angle sensor, and soldered the wires together. Runs like a champ now and have not (knock on wood) had any problems since then. As it stands now, I'm gonna skip RA and run a CCS race at Summit Point in July. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I may go to Kershaw later in July. If I decide to go, I'll shoot you a message. It was nice to meet you at VIR. In any case, I hope to see you at VIR in August.