1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F2/F3 aftermarket shock price

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by jimraynor21, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have a line on an Ohlins shock(used but good condition) for my F3 and I wanted to know what you thought a fair price is? Its a friend of a friend who knows the Ohlins name but doesnt really know what its worth...and seeing as how theres not a bunch of people out there selling them for these bikes Im not sure what a fair offer is either. I definitely dont want to lowball him.

I also want to know what you feel a good condition Penske w/hyperco spring is worth (which is currently on my bike)? I would like to sell the Penske to put towards the Ohlins, and you guys would be my main audience in doing so. I was thinking $250 +/- but I trust ya'll to be honest with me :Poke:

Let me know what you guys think and if anyone is interested(in the Penske:D) shoot me a PM. I dont know what weight spring it is but I am roughly 210lbs w/full gear and had no problem setting the sag.

2. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

It's worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it.

That being said, used shock for a Vintage bike, $300-500 is reasonable to me, YMMV.

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:stupid:

I would ask him what he wants for it. Then tell him what you are willing to pay. You never know. He may not want that much for it.

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Ohlins.....350 at least if its in good shape. I paid close to that for my Fox and I had rather have an Ohlins anyday. So good luck.

5. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

20 bucks. Or check ebay...that's always my current market value reference for just about anything. Also factor in rebuild/re-springing costs.

6. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Depends on the model number.There were 3 made for the F2/F3.

7. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

The King has spoken.

8. soonerbillz

soonerbillz Member

Whats wrong with the Penske? I have heard nothing but good about those units.