1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever been challenged for no reason?

Discussion in 'General' started by Slider82, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Reading some of the threads here made me think back to times I felt like someone had intentionally gone out of their way to see if they could intimidate a stranger through uncalled for behavior. It kinda got me wondering if they were taking some sort of self esteem course that required it instead of just being jerks like I thought at the time.

Like the woman who told the guy he couldn't use that checkout line because she was waiting for somebody. Something else is missing from that story, besides the guy's balls of course.

Two incidents stand out in my mind that now make me wonder if there may be something other than rudeness involved.

Once I was walking toward the mall entrance, walkway 30-40 feet wide and see a guy standing by the doors. As I get closer, maybe 50 feet away from him, he starts walking straight toward me in an attempt I suppose to make me step aside.

The other time was similar, except I was walking up the sidewalk toward a store and a guy was coming from the store. There was plenty of room for us to pass so I moved to the right side. He moved in that direction too I guess expecting me to step off the sidewalk.

Being non-confrontational, I didn't want to ask them what they were doing and possibly get into an argument. I just wondered if anyone here had been in a similar situation and how you handled it.

BTW, in both cases, since I didn't want to get into an argument I handled both the same way. I kept walking in a straight line, threw a shoulder into them and kept walking. One guy said something like "What's your problem?" but like I said, I'm non-confrontational.

So what do you think? Should I have stopped and asked about their feelings or motives? Maybe asked if their boyfriends dick was caught in the zipper? I'm wondering now if I should have handled it differently.:confused:

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Me? Nah, never. :D

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think I would cower like a girl if that were to ever happen to me. I'm a sissy.

4. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

sounds about right.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Like, I think you are a big pussy. Is that what you mean?

Great then. I think you are pussy.

6. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

I will fucking beat the shit out of ever mother fucker on the board...

at the same time...

BRING IT BITCHES! WHAT!

7. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

You shoulda slapped them in the mouth and told them to stop acting like bitches.......:D

(I'm kinda confrontational though......:up:)

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shut up, FATTY!

9. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

ZANGEIF KICK!

[​IMG]

edit: nothing says "fuck you" like kicking a guy with both feet with absolutely no reguard to your own well being.

10. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Of course not you. You'd need a step ladder.

:)

11. Bob Shy

Bob Shy Banned

I think so. maybe once. I tightened up and ran into them.

For starting such a lame subject on this board, you should be banned.
    The EMO board is waiting for you.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Generally if it's a complete stranger carrying on like a toolbag there's usually a wiring problem in their head.

I all my years of dealing with people in similar situations I find it best to be the better man and let it go. Too many times I've seen such situations escalate and put both people in the same negative light, regardless of who started it.

Being civil is the best policy. If that doesn't work, and the person continues acting like a tool, call Smokes over to handle their sorry ass.

13. Quiks66

Quiks66 Billy the Kid

I've seen this kind of thing before. I just assumed the guys who did it were what I call socially retarded. Something about having a smaller than average brain combined with frightening memories of being beaten as a child likely does it to some people. Pay 'em no mind. One day they'll do it to someone who does care and they'll have their ass handed to them.

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

100% pure awesome.

15. Slider82

Says the guy who got punked by some chick at Walmart.:crackup:

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

When did yates race for honda? I've never seen him in red before.

17. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

"Ever been challenged for no reason?"

You haven't been to many AMA National races, have you?

18. Slider82

Funny how most people don't realize that short guys have had to fight all their life and they are NOT the guys to mess with.

For the record, I'm 6'3" and about 220 but if you mess with me I have a buddy who is 5'6 130 who will absolutely wear you out!:D

19. Slider82

:D

And yes, a few.:D

20. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

my mom is about 5 foot tall and i feared her.
    my dad is 6'2" and I never feared him (sorry Dad if you read this).

I have never had this type of challenge but I have had the uncalled for professional challenge. It happened just today when a rep from a competing company told me she was going to hand me my ass this year and that I might as well go into another business.

Problem is, she was not even on my radar. Now, it is my mission to destroy her market share at any cost.

I dont get some people.