Eslick Injured?

Discussion in 'General' started by BostonRampart, Dec 8, 2010.

1. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I'm one of those nameless posters that get bashed here. Do so if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I don't post my name because it wouldn't matter if I did. I'm not a racer, but have been involved in racing in various forms for 25 years, motorcycle and others. There are only a few on this board who would recognize me if I were to walk up to them and then only because I have previously introduced myself.

2. akillya

akillya TPL Racing Squadra Corse

I have had expensive one off suits, off the rack suits and cheap suits. The one common thing is in the right situation they can all fail. I destroyed a Dainese W frame suit in a gentle lowside, ripped the leg wide open on a Astars race replica when the footpeg went threw it, blew the crotch open on another suit when I hit some shaved pavement while sliding on my ass. I dont blame anyone, shit happens!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  3. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I'm not anymore. Chip has mentioned people in passing before as well as I have run into a few people and been surprised, after that not really surprised anymore. I would be more surprised if certain people weren't lurking.

4. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Probably a good post to make, as frankly, I was shocked as hell to see you tell someone to GFY...and then do it again.

Anyway...sorry to hear about the Hopkins saga. What a load of crap...although I haven't been keeping up on it, I wouldn't be surprised if 'ole Hopper got a thick "legal sized" letter advising him of his impending misrepresentation of fitness / breach of contract issue.

5. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

i know you!:D

6. Tiro

Tiro Member

Hu Really?

Reading this thread made me log in and post...

I was right behind him when he was spit off at 100 plus....oh, and in the pit right down from him.... I would think some people would be more honest...so I'll do it..

Leathers... compromised right shoulder, and right ass cheek...through the leather, through the skin...that being said, they didn't look like his "A" leathers...and he didn't look "Fine". My guess is someone wants to "break" this story in a mag....

Bash away..

GFY= Go Fiat Yamaha?

Oh, yea, it was November 27 track day last session...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  7. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

BOMBSHELL / Super Drama!

8. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

GFY! I fuckin love it!

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:Pop: re-subscribed

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

aaaand we're back....

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

The days of stories 'breaking' in a print magazine are pretty much long gone.
    If he wasn't fine, what injuries did he have other than skin abrasions on his shoulder and ass cheek?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure how much experience you have around racers and racetracks but roadrash after crashing at that speed is expected and is actually fine in comparison to the litany of injuries that could have happened.

13. Chip

Chip Registered

Danny is sponsored by Alpinestars for boots and gloves. His leathers deal is a team deal.

Just want to inject some facts in the sea of stupid on the beeb.

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Gotta say it gets tiresome having third parties come up with alleged motivations and conspiracy theories and an expectation that my purpose in life is to report everything to the BBS 24/7! It was a track day, not an AMA National. I was there on Thanksgiving weekend supporting the fund raiser to buy more Airfence soft barriers. Danny did not suffer any structural damage. And I decided that if he wants to tell you all about it, he can.

Also funny to me that some people get all worked up over GFY--and there is plenty of speculation about what that means--but think it's fine to assign worst-case speculative motivations at will!

To quote Hancock, Good Job!

15. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Mongo said litany :D

16. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

17. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

GYF??
    Grab Your Feet?
    :crackup:

18. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

this is a valid point...

also people lurk and don't post often because of the quick insults and name calling from....you guessed it, anonymous posters. ;)

19. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Says "Pots N Pans" :rolleyes:

20. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Active Member