Epiphanies- anyone ever have one, and if so...???

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jun 27, 2023.

1. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Most of mine were imprinted on me as another law of physics was proved on my body or a law of consequence was proved on my soul.
    I can't really take credit, they were simply a matter of seeing the obvious.

2. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

Am I inferring correctly??

3. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Same thing I thought.

My buddies dad missed a leer jet business flight that crashed and killed everyone when we were growing up.

Every day of your life is a gamble. Don't waste it on a fucking couch.

backho likes this.
  4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Cheers to that!
    [​IMG]

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

My question as well.

@Wingnut

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

So I was about 24 at the time. Still sort of newlyweds but the entire marriage I knew something was off or missing. We had recently moved out to Arizona where things just got worse. Went back to NJ to visit family and that entire time we were in NJ i just kept thinki g I have to leave her here. She cant come back with me. And as we were waiting to board our plane I was about to walk out and call a cab to take her back to stay with her family. I'm getting up the nerve to mention this all to her and then we watched the first plane fireball. Then literally watched the second.
    But that was clearly a epiphany for me that morning. Chaos ensued and we were able to get a cab to Weehawken and then walked to Teaneck. I left her at her Mom's, flew back to AZ by myself a week later and I've never seen her again.
    I lost a good friend that worked at Cantor Fitz, so i have these weird feelings about 9/11.
    My brother asked me a few years after "Would you have taken out thise fuckers and flown the plane back?" ( i was taking flying lessons before this)
    "Not that day, i would have left my headphones in and reclined my seat back"

Things happen for reasons. I have an incredible wife for almost 20 years and a bunch of adopted kids. So.....

Attached Files:

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Dude....we're twins....

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My father refused to go out on the Thresher for deep-dive testing.
    Fun fact, the Thresher was launched on my birthday.

tony 340 likes this.
  9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Obviously Wingnut is going to have to clear the air on this but none of the 4 flights that were impacted by terrorist activity were operated by US Airways. Two were American and the other two were United. Because of this I don't think he's implying that his epiphany kept him off of one of the ill-fated flights of that day.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us that get into motorcycle racing are pretty similar. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He said US Airways.

12. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Pretty much. Sounds obvious now...

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The adage of "You don't know how sick you are, until you aren't sick anymore" became an extremely important turning point after I was no longer married and found a damn good group of friends.

Subjective happiness (being generally happy and enjoying life) on your own terms is pretty incredible. Be happy with your damn self, do what makes you happy, and drop dead weight like a bag of hammers.

27, Chino52405, gixxernaut and 2 others like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Why does it take enduring unendurable levels of shit to reach this conclusion?

27 and gixxernaut like this.
  15. Hyperdyne

Because quite frankly, I was so far gone that I just thought that's how it had to be.

gixxernaut likes this.
  16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

No I'm not implying that I was almost on one of the flights at all. Flight 93 just left Newark at 8:40. My epiphany was happening regardless of the other events of that day. Just compounded by everything else. But it was a very clear fork in the road of my life.

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Sounds a lot like what I went through in the late 90's / early 2000's. Took me about 4 years to make the transition from miserable "victim" to living life on my own terms. An adage I heard that helped spur things along was "There are no victims, only volunteers."

tony 340 likes this.
  18. Hyperdyne

Exactly.. You can wallow in self pity, or you can GTFO it and move past it. The reality of allowing the hate and sorrow to rule your life.. .No thanks. Never again

gixxernaut likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but lucky Cincy :D

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Been counting our blessings since son! :crackup: