1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epiphanies- anyone ever have one, and if so...???

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jun 27, 2023.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Anyone ever had a sudden thought that they acted on and it changed their life? If so, what?

I always hear of these entrepreneurs that get these epiphanies that make them develop a product or alter something that then goes on to make millions. Or the person that went on vacation to a place, had an epiphany, and sold everything to start a new life there.

I hear about them, but I have never remotely come close to having such an experience. I am just curious as to what you may have had........it might make me more intune to acting on some thoughts.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Made a choice to say yes to moving someone from Tampa to Cincinnati one day that led me to where I am.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I have them all the time. I'm batting about 0.500. Hell, my whole life is like that, following a dream, or ambition. It's honestly just ADHD and I'm a drug addict trapped inside my own brain lol.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Countless times.

Their profundity is debatable, though.

5. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Yeah but... back in grad school I did a research paper on risk analysis (everyone try to withhold your excitement). I did a lot of reading on risk analysis and measurement (primarily financial) but while doing this I realized that HOW people (and I sure did) view risk tends to be very incomplete.

This is pretty obvious but NOT acting carries its own risk. Sometimes NOT taking a risk guarantees the acceptance of another less desirable outcome. In other words, it is IMPOSSIBLE to avoid all risk and on a long enough timeline even unlikely (low risk) undesirable outcomes become much more likely.

Right... I get that this is all obvious but at the time it honestly blew my mind.

I ended up quitting my job / career and after I finished grad school I went back to community college (wanted to learn machining) and started my own business. My entire approach to risk / fear of loss changed.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, doing a summer paid internship on Wall Street as an analyst on prospectives. Hit me hard that this was soul sucking and I’d be dead in 10 years if I ended up doing it (it was basically my area of training).

cha0s#242 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

This did not significantly change my life course but it has helped me to see there may be more significant things than us puny little humans.

What was there before there was TIME? By time I mean the linear sequence of events. Was it created like possibly the universe was created?

I am not trying to get into a religious discussion. My epiphany is that time may not have always existed.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn...I thought this about was getting up with a hot stripper.

AMac, TurboBlew, ToofPic and 3 others like this.
  9. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

The Beeb delivers, once again...

backho and Sabre699 like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought it was about empanadas with bad spelling.

DJ Baker likes this.
  11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

College lax bro who went to wall st., but ended up a punk rocker motorcycle fiend? You must believe in Jesus, bc that sounds like salvation to me.

I quit drinking when I had an epiphany that I was being a selfish twat and a bad friend.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bikes, shitty English and Italian cars and punk rock came first but yeah, lax bro on Wall Street, who’d have ever thought that? Lol

13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Like an epiphany with Tiffany?

Wingnut, Sabre699 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Realized I should just accept that people on this forum do not read previous comments before criticizing your statement or twisting it into what they want it to have actually said and trying to point that out to them is a giant waste of time and effort because they will ignore that also.

beac83 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Empanada, mmm.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Poor Ev.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And that's why I scoop dog shit.

Ask Jeeves gave me a hella payday and I checked the eff out.

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It’s me. It’s always has been and only ever will be me.

19. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Yeah. I had one on a Tuesday morning about to board a flight with my ex. Like we need to divorce asap and I was afraid that if she got on this flight with me it would be so much harder to get separated.
    That was 9/11 8am sitting at Terminal A in Newark NJ about to board my US Airways flight when the entire world shifted.
    Also that was the last day I spent with my ex.
    Still have my ticket..

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So, if you decide not to choose you still have made a choice?
    Sounds familiar.

cha0s#242 and Banditracer like this.