1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine care question?

Discussion in 'General' started by McGixxer, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The next time you're at Loudon, talk to Graham about the pump gas at the track. They're selling 93 and 98 octane ethanol free gas, so it's better than the stuff sold down the street at the "official" fuel stations.

2. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused

which in and of itself, while extremely rare, is not all together unknown to happen...

The OP inquired as to the need for flushing the fuel system after running "race fuel" on the weekend.
    Then, the thread went sideways pretty quickly for me, as it seems that "Race fuel" is now synonomous with MR12 or whatever.
    When exactly did this occur?

I was under the impression that anything not considered "pump swill" could be termed "race fuel".

I run pretty much Sunoco 260GTX and have NEVER pumped it out after a weekend. Although things are a tad different concerning the fuel cell bag in my application, the rest of the system is identical to the bike's.

Ethanol when added to the absolutely horrid quality pump gas ='s deposit related problems.

As a final note if you guys think you're happy with Seafoam, you'd be rabidly foaming at the mouth with some BG 44k in the fuel tank!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's more the context of needing to clear out the fuel system that determines which type of race fuel they mean.

Glad you mentioned the BG stuff, I need to get some more....

4. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

BG44k?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I know the 98 at the NHMS pump (That's the Sunoco 260GTX) is ethanol free, I was under the impression that the 93 from the other two pumps at the scales garage was just regular Sunoco 'Supreme' pump gas, including the does of 'up to' 10% Ethanol?

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Check with Graham or Tommy on that. I'm pretty sure they were saying that the 93 didn't have any of that crap in it, either.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Interesting read here. I appreciate y'alls knowledge on the matter. And my question got answered. Good stuff.:)

9. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

totally agree man, just haven't gotten around to making one of those trick little electric pumps that Miller and Cohrs have. It takes about 2 minutes of blips and running after we have siphoned and gravity pulled the fuel from the bottom of the tank for the bike to stall out. then we pour the treated fuel through.

I'll search you out at the next event and give you some of what we are using to treat the fuel and see what you think.

Sean the next event I see you at I'll bring some for you, just let me know what you were posting about. We've got a pretty badass set of diesel cleaners as well. Check out the site and let me know what you would be interested in. I work for BG so getting whatever you need isn't a problem.

10. Coopster

Unreal

What are the odds that there'd be 2 of us BG guys on here w/ maybe 1000 total in N America?

11. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

12. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

1000? Have you seen a leader report lately? There's only like 500 or so of us in the report! I just try to keep myself on the first page!

13. Coopster

Ahh the report...

Yeah not a big fan of it. I just do my thing, fully solo mind you, no "Team" deal here. First page huh? You's Big Time! ;)

14. Coopster

No, not really although you could...
    I was mentioning the 44K because someone had mentioned the wonderous powers of the Seafoam...