Effin biden!

Discussion in 'General' started by kangasj, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They have been putting in new lanes on I-5 on my way to work. Looks like they lay around 4 inches of concrete and then come back later to put another approx. 8 inches down? They have poured a bunch of it and then the other day they cut out about a 6 foot section all the way across one lane and probably did 15 of them, not all equidistant, why would they do that? I initially thought maybe just testing the concrete quality, but the fact they were randomly scattered made me think that isn't the case?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's basically what I did.... stopped trying to make big bank about 15 years ago and started traveling like a madman. Spent A LOT of do-re-mi along the way, figuring that if things burned out, I could always go work at Home Depot or Walmart and scratch out a living. 120 countries later, still going strong and plan on adding around 8-10 more to my tally this year. As long as the rental market doesn't completely collapse, I should be able to keep going. Figure I can do it until I'm about 70 and then it will really be no more fun, unless I transition to cruises. Stick a fork in me if that happens :)

kangasj likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

^^^ + eleventy meelion.

I chuckle when people with frown lines etched deep into their face look down their nose at my truck.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Ohhhh...Stop it you!!!
    Write a bunch of shit! :D

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Seriously. If he's retired he's clearly got the time to do so :D

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I've ran into a number of people in their 20's making their way around the world... I chat them up and find out they go home for 3 months out of the year and bang nails on a crew, then off traveling the other 9 months. $10 a night hostels, buses and grocery stores make for some pretty cheap traveling and you still get all the benefits.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not necessarily...our next door neighbor has three kids. The middle one is 5. The mom was not feeling well last week, so my wife suggested she help by picking up her toys. She placed her hand on one hip and looked thoughtful for about a second and said, "I don't think I have time to do that." So if she didn't have time, Mike may not either.

8. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Bidin my time too by the way. 4 years 7 months left. 1,642 days. Yes, I'm counting them.[/QUOTE]
    Did the same thing myself ,counted the days,you're already 3/4 of the way out the door.Don't know if that's good or bad.

9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I retired at 62, get up when I feel like it, drive Uber, perfect job for me, made 46K last year plus SS. My brother retired at 60, lives in Thailand,has a couple dozen scooters he rents out.

kangasj and jrsamples like this.
  10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Wallpaper hanger and commercial spearfisherman the last 32 years.
    Getting paid for sex is overrated- supermodels don't come looking mostly CHUDs or septuagenarians.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

One of my buddies used to date Jessies daughter. She's way hot...

rd400racer likes this.
  12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya BS....pic or your lying.

13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

My 401 k alone should be worth around 4 mil when I’m 70, but I don’t imagine I’ll be able to sit still. I’ll probably work until I physically can’t and just leave it all to a trust for my kids/grandkids. Got a long time to go before any of that though

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nah, the truth is, just like the rest of us you'll stroke or attack'e corozone, end up in a rest home, blow through that cash in 6 months, and die alone in a pile of your own shit.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, it would appear she's scrubbed herself from the internets, or has gotten married and I don't know her last name now.

kangasj likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Same with a couple of my exes...:D

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Geezus

ToofPic likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Quoted for posterity

kangasj, rd400racer and tl1098 like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

He's got four BTC in his 401k :crackup:

Sweatypants, cortezmachine and motion like this.
  20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just remember that with inflation running rampant your 4 mil will really be 1.

cortezmachine and kangasj like this.