1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durrani magnesium wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger Van der Jackass, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Remember what, what? I forgot to respond. :(

2. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

3. caferace

caferace No.

At least they're honest. :D

-jim

4. charles

charles The Transporter

The secret can not be held in the hands...what is important is invisible to the eye...one man's illusion is another man's reality.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Will testing continue at Estoril?

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't believe they have any need to continue testing, given the success of the Jerez test. There has been much information gained after the disassembly of the wheel. There has been discussion of the testing process, but the end result was so rewarding I think the next test will be conducted in the same way. There is an ongoing search for another team to test with since the Jerez team appears to be happy with the current product and is not interested in any more prototypes. It is possible that the Aprilia MotoGP team may be useful in heat testing next.

[​IMG]

Ken

7. TheMoldMaker

TheMoldMaker Well-Known Member

this famus evil kanevil?

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe so. It might have been about the time his career went down in flames. :(

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That is one of the hot racers from Texas, Colin Edwards.

10. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Really, does anyone NOT know that's Colin Edwards on the famous flaming Aprila?!?!

C'Mon people, you're slacking! This thread has almost HALF A MILLION VIEWS, and ya better up the ante if you want to reach those lofty heights!:tut:

11. TheMoldMaker

my ante not for sale any more :tut:

12. kenessex

This thread is about the wheels not the rider. The wheels will turn forever, while the riders come and go at the whim of fate. Some may go in a blaze of glory and some will simply fade away. If Colin Edwards, whoever that is, wants to ride to fame and fortune on the back of the Durranni Wheel thread then he can come on here and post like everybody else, if he has the guts. Has he ever tested a wheel to destruction?

The fact remains that there is more testing to be done as the Wheel approaches perfection. It will take giants to move the wheel forward, standing on the shoulders of those who came before. I see this as the great American (or Pakistani) mission and am a little dismayed that Maxime Berger, a Frenchman, (I'll bet Papa had his hand in this, somehow) was so instrumental in the last wheel test. If this Colin Edwards guy is an American, not just a Texan, then let him come forward and do his part for The Wheel and our country.

Ken

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Colin Edwards is a wonky Brit from Texas...

14. caferace

caferace No.

Thixomolding.

It's been a while...

-jim

15. kenessex

Jim,
    Maybe you could get some comment from this Edwards guy about Thixomolding? You know who he is, right? I hear he might be somebody famous, after all he is a former Factory Aprilia rider, but I don't know if he has done much since that famous picture was taken. I think he hung out with that Rossi guy and then the Speez kid, so he must have some ideas about wheels.

See what you can find out and maybe give him a couple of seconds on the Podcast. I'll bet if you get a couple of shots of tequila in him he might tell you what he really thinks about this thread, too. He probably isn't doing much and would have time to read this if he already hasn't.

Ken

16. caferace

caferace No.

Onit.

-jim

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Stocking up on the popcorn as we speak!

18. TheMoldMaker

got enouf popcorn?

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of The Wheel...if you were ever of a mind to ride a wheel to total destruction, then man up and come forward...just remember, "No wheel before its time!"...just as this company slogan reminded personnel at the GDW&TF to press onward with the arduous tasks before them, it should remind us that time waits for no man... and neither does The Wheel.

20. TheMoldMaker

and woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.