Durrani magnesium wheels?

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger Van der Jackass, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

suckyness makes this board great:up:

2. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

frank:
    the googling, keyboard repairman, debate master.

that pretty much sums up your contribution to the topic of this thread.

do you know anything about racing? ever raced?
    do you know anything about mfg? ever worked on the mfg floor?
    know anything about wheels? the safety elements that go into wheel mfg?
    know anything about magnesium casting? the risks/ the benefits?
    anything about machining the wheels? or assembling the wheels.
    anything about quality systems, quality engineering, risk assessment?
    anything about automotive product testing and prototyping?

.....oh. didn't think so.

go fix somebody's keyboard. they're typing f's instead of j's again.

3. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Did the wheels ship as promised yet? That is all that really matters.

4. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

that may be all that matters to you....but another big part of this was if the wheels were safe. that's the only part i was involved in.

have no idea if any shipped.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

These questions might be better suited for Durrani

6. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

they need more cones.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cones solve everything:D

8. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i'm glad you're finally seeing the light.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey if cones are all you have to offer…… then by all means.

Apparently more cones were needed at BHF last year.

10. Steve Karson

I think the biggest part was, is this a real company, and can they produce what they promised.

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I raced MX years ago, AMA District 6. Also dabbled in flat track, one of my relatives was an AMA dirt track national number. After MX I raced Formula Fords in SCCA, and later on had a few test rides in a Formula Atlantic car. Raced Porsches for a while after that.

I once owned a farm team for Team Hooters Suzuki who's riders included Nate Kern, Larry Pegram and Mike Barnes, and I also crewed on the Team Hooters Suzuki national team. But I never road raced a motorcycle myself.

I also did PR for Mike Barnes when he was running in the AMA as a privateer before Team M4 Emgo Suzuki picked him up. I now do analytical work for an AMA team.

So, what's your point?

My 2nd job out of college was with The Walworth Company, a manufacturer of industrial valves. I was the lead programmer for the MRP software, and also programmed CNC equipment for the Linden, NJ plant, which produced high alloy valves for the nuclear industry, and the US Navy. I know a bit about manufacturing. So what's your point?

I never questioned any of these. My questions to Durrani were of a financial and business nature, nothing whatsoever to do with wheels, magnesium or machining. So, what's your point, other than you're desperate and itching for a fight when you don't have a leg to stand on with your accusations? Think you can point out to me where I attacked Durrani? I'm still waiting for that answer.

Read above, then think again.

I'm a software guy, I write code for a living. Including some of the code that your dumbass has used on a daily basis, I'd bet. I don't fix keyboards, although that's pretty funny. As a manufacturing expert, you undoubtedly know that nobody fixes keyboards, it's not worth the cost of labor to repair them when the manufacturing cost is so low.

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought PIE solved everything? I'm so confused:confused:

13. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

so you've never roadraced.....but your uncle did something close to it. it would have just saved alot of breath to say 'no, jig, i've never raced'

you fixed keyboards near a mfg floor. well...damn....that's close 'nuf. again. 'no' would have been simpler.

the rest of them...i'm proud you didn't find 'some uncle that once walked by a cast machine' or something to add to your impressive mfg resume.

again, frank. until we get to a company that threatens to take orders for keyboards before they are built.....best stay where all the blinky lights and whirring is.

14. Bocephus

Bocephus Well-Known Member

22 pages of pure shit, The guy has NO wheels, he has No firm date when he is going to deliver the wheels, but he is taking orders AND $$$$.

He dosen't even know IF they are going to be accepted by the DOT for use.

Perhaps you should apply all your experience in helping Mr. Durrani DELIVER wheels to those who have them on order, insted of arguing with Frank..:)
    Atleast Duranni may pay you for your time.

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

You funny guy, Jig. Have another of whatever you're drinking, smoking, shooting or snorting, maybe you'll make some sense if you get a little higher.

Let's hear your "road racing" bona fides, since you don't like mine. You must have some, right? And then explain WTF point you're trying to make, if you have one other than acting like a jerkoff.

BTW, check gixxer.com, somebody told me there's a thread over there about a guy who says he was contacted about why his wheel order hasn't shipped yet. I won't repeat what the guy said, don't want Jiggy gettin all giggy on me for attacking anyone for missing his original shipment date.

16. Steve Karson

So I guess that answers my question.
    Thanks

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Pass the Yodels...it could be a long night.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You mean this one?? Hell do a search on Duranni on the gixxer board..it's interesting to say the least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Durrani Delay

So i sent an e-mail inquiring about my order... here's the response i got back:

Regretfully, we have experienced some minor delays with one of our suppliers as our production ramps up, that were out of our control. In an effort to guarantee that your new wheels are up to our stringent quality standards, it is necessary to hold off on shipping your wheels until they have undergone testing at the race track. We expect to have your order shipped out the week of May 28th barring any more unforeseen obsticles, and we will contact you with tracking information once they are shipped.

I'm a little worried, does this mean they haven't tested the wheels yet??? When i called them to order, i was under the impression that they were ready to go and i was just waiting to get it in the mail. I sent in my order at the beginning of april....

19. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Jig, no offense, but you should give up now.

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

*Whistling*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.