1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dungeon demographics: the God poll

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Apr 14, 2008.

?

Which answer best reflects your beliefs?

1. I know there is a God.

88 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. I think there is a God, but I could be wrong.

22 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. I really have no idea.

33 vote(s)
    14.2%
  4. I think there is no God, but I could be wrong.

51 vote(s)
    21.9%
  5. I know there is no God.

39 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. charles

charles The Transporter

ohhhhh....now it all makes sense...thanks for this timely information...
    I don't understand why I didn't pick up on this before ! Can you inform
    me of the error of my ways in this respect?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think you will benefit more fronm self discovery.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

Good advice. I'll try to be more alert to these sorts of things...right now,
    I'm awaiting Miss Hater's response. surely this will point us in the right
    direction.

Meanwhile, what about Zoroaster?

4. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

Okay here goes. . . there are several religions that have women in a prominent place (i.e. if the men lead a good life, they will receive women as a "prize").

Some people think that certain sects within the Christian religion degrade women by not allowing them to serve in the same positions as men. I personally don't see this as demeaning to women.

Women play a crucial role within the doctrinal foundations of the Christian faith. It is because of Eve being tempted by the serpent and giving the forbidden fruit to Adam that all of mankind is fallen from the grace of God. It was through Mary that God choose his path to redeem man to Himself by allowing her to give birth to Jesus. After rising from the dead, Jesus first revealed himself to a woman.

Women are instrumental to the Christian religion. Their role isn't the same as man because God created us differently.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Did we ever finish that discussion of the two creation stories in Genesis?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What page was that one on?

7. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

I think it was a different thread that started it and it was a discussion taken off the board I believe. . .

PC - I've thought a lot about it, but I haven't come up with any definitive answers for myself on the matter.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good enough. Thinking is the important process.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How much shit are you willing to take from men before you say "enough?"

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the men are giving the women a load of crap, they need to go back and do a bit more reading, and not just selected excerpts.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Okay, I totally did not get that. :confused:

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you are referring to shit from men on the BBS, then I apologize. On the other hand, if the crap is coming from men in her church, they are not reading the entire text of the Bible.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I meant in general, not just here. Remember Hater's stance on marriage?

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ummmmm, no. Remembering last week is a challenge.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

See it weren't hard to post this info...so, Eve played a prominent role? I never got the 'forbidden fruit' thing down pat, what exactly does it signify? I keep thinking of old costume movies I saw as a kid, it was never made clear but I think I knew (at the time) from looking at stolen National Geographic magazines.

16. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It means women were the first sinners. They screwed it up for everyone from the very beginning... over an apple. Bitch couldn't wait til Adam got to the market. Just had to eat the damn apple. :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

18. charles

charles The Transporter

So, the things I saw as a kid in National Geo had nothing to do with this 'forbidden fruit' deal?

19. Hater

Hater Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I was hesitant to answer Charles. . .

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I refuse to discuss you and your relationship with National Geographic. :D