1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dumbest/unsafe thing you'll see on track!

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

apparently a few wmrra corner workers/members (the board doesnt even think its worth discussing or stopping!) think this was 'funny" i am pretty floored at how STUPID and insane it was to have a spectator ONLY INCHES from 150+ mph race bikes.

Seriously how many of you guys wanna hit a spectator especially a KID or that woman at 150+ mph???

and yes many times over the years racers have hit that wall, spot, come together with others there.

WMRRA...yeah come race with us up here! Dont even get me started on the fact they roll 4-5 cars on the track multiple times a day just because of any incident..sometimes before red flag is even shown to every racer... good thing RRW and others are working hard to improve track safety for everyone...

They wonder why folks bad mouth the club and refuse to go there!

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

are you missing a picture link there?

3. ed who?

4. styles

styles The untrained eye

5. ton

ton Arf!

it's motorcycle racing related, Eric. you should be fine posting it here per the "rules".

that's f'n nutty. and an entirely unnecessary risk.

you wanna get that close, go to the IOMTT.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I've seen a lot of dumber stuff than that on the racetrack.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If it's motorcycles, you can.

You guys really need to learn how to read better. :D

8. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

That was full retard.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

As a rider that may mess with me.

10. ed who?

11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Does that track have liability insurance? If so, they won't if the insurance company views that video. Stupid move, everybody involved.

12. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Wouldnt any crashes end up on the opposite side of the track?

13. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Especially that yellow shirt. -Snack

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

What is the problem? The person was with a trained official, with his hands on her, behind a concrete barrier. That girl can race those bikes why not observe in that manor?

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:Pop:

16. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I've seen worse things on the track. Granted, not knowing that track, it's hard for me to fully appreciate what is going on in that video.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

what would make it worse is the dipshit that would put their hand out, then try to pull it in just in time.
    that's no place for anyone to be standing. period.

i will admit to attempting to spook some trackday corner workers comin' out of the last turn at beaver. seems like my line aimed me for the beginning of the wall between the pits and the front straight. my flick to the left onto the straight would put my head pretty close to the wall. the c/w was on the pit side at the very beginning of the wall.

always had a funny feeling about it. has this scenario been mitigated? i haven't been there in many years.

19. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

Something *could* go wrong. Isn't common to go inside the turn but it happens. Wouldn't be shocked if some of the riders were using that dudes shirt as a reference point on the turn. :rolleyes:

Seems like too many elements of unnecessary risk to me.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I didn't think it would take long for you to run here and drum up support... Lemme guess, next thread is yet another "WTF Dunlop - you don't have enough tires for my riders...."?

:beer:

As a racer at that track, we always see corner workers behind that concrete wall and it has a bright orange cone on top that many of us use as our apex marker - my goal is to secure the inside position through there and that means apexing it tight. Like any corner, if I'm looking at corner workers going through a turn, I'm fooked - I look WELL past that area to ensure I'm lining up my entry correct for T2. One more t-shirt/person/boogeyman behind that concrete barrier isn't some thing I'll ever notice or care about.

As for putting spectators behind there - it's not my decision, it's race direction.

I go through there in that video at 23 seconds in - blue Gixxer, white/red leathers - WELL back of the leaders!!!