1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUCATI 750SS IN CLUBMAN

Discussion in 'General' started by AnthonyDuc, Dec 31, 2000.

1. AnthonyDuc

AnthonyDuc Well-Known Member

Well there it is straight from the champ let them in so what do ya say wera.I hope so I know alot more people that would race. [​IMG]

2. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

Yo, Chris- still got the EX? or are going out on the RD 2-smoke?

3. wera#113

wera#113 Well-Known Member

I for one think we should leave the class as is. I would like to see the Ducati with a class that it would be competitive in, however by allowing it in clubman using different rules is not what I would consider
    a viable option.As per the rules all! Bikes in clubman run under formula rules.
    If you take a look at the class as a whole
    I will be the first to admit that grids are not as large as we would like . Wera has allowed racers such as myself who enjoy what I consider a lost passion, an art to build motorcyles never intended for racing and do our best with very liberal rules. Most racers today can buy a stock bike off the showroom with little or no mechanical knowledge and have machines that are way beyond the riders ability. I not only love to race but also enjoy the challenge of building.

I really enjoy having people admire my hard work, every race weekend I will get several spectators come by who truly enjoy seeing something different from all the rows of
    supersport prepped bikes.

I know the Ducati is not a threat to the better bikes in this class however that is not the point. When I grid I want to see the guy with blood in his eyes, after spending all night repairing his machine, gridded next to me.

These are the racers who truly define what racing IS about.

4. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Thank You, Bryon and Mr. Stickboy for your vote of confidence. Hopefully the extra metal in the shoulder will counteract the asphalt magnets...

5. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Ducati already has a Clubman-legal bike available-- 600 Monster. The Dark version retails for $5995. Anyone interested in racing one give me a call, could make a really sweet deal. 1-877-252-8733

6. mtiberio

mtiberio Well-Known Member

Don't know if this has come up before, but...

Formula Clubman is sort of like CCS LightWeight Sportsman. the 750 Duc was banned from LW Sportsman because it cleaned up. It does quite well in MW Sportsman. The closest WERA class would be Vintage 5 or thereabouts. If you want another class to run the 750 Duc in, go to VIntage!!!

7. AnthonyDuc

What I'm starting to see is somewhere in rule book there are rules that say what I have been saying the hole time.Example:the sv is allowed in D-super but has to run SS rules doesn't seem to be a problem the guys that ride the sv,s know what they can do and what they can not do.If you would like to see more bikes on the grid then heip do something about it.Not being smart just would like to see wera expand their horizon the sky's the limit fellows.

You was talking out gridding next to the guy with blood in his eyes.Wouldn't it be more fun if there was 5 guys running for the lead instead of just one guy out front.The last race at the GNF I was in was said to be the best race of the week not for first but for 5th they were 4 of us battling it out.We were at war it was great.

8. AnthonyDuc

We'll guys I guess you'll have to keep riding your stock Ducs on the street or race with another racing sanction.

Randy,the only thing that you can tell the rest of the guys is I tried, sorry looks like I failed. I just wasn't able to get them to focus long enough on the big picture.

Hey anybody need a motorcycle salesman mine keeps shooting me in the foot.

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

If it's BGoodwin, no, you can keep him. [​IMG]

10. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Are you still playing with that old toy? I thought you were getting a real racebike?

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'd have to agree.

Clubman is not even close to what it once was. A Builders class, sure even way back when, there were plenty of "as built by j-pan" bike's around to race the class. Your SRX's, Ascot's, SR's, GS's(450's)

It was really more of a single's class with you 250 ninja's & 250 cepter's thrown in.

I, looked at the rule's after wera did away with Formula 3(which was really a 250 twin class, Kaw & Honda, back then 125's were few and far between most of which were air cooled save the water cooled MT's that would show up at the GNF) and had an Ascot motor put in my 250 ninja frame.

If you think there's cry'n now, you should have been around about 1990. That year when the rulebook came out. The wording had been changed by mistake or whatever to the effect that 500cc water cooled bike's were now legal. That would have let( EX's) in clubman (no boys and girls, EX's have not always been allowed in clubman)

Some jumped for joy(EX owner's I would think)
    Other's flipped out. Both got on the phone to you know who...
    As it worked out, It was called a printing or proof reading mistake or something and EX's were back out, for a while.

All in all, maybe it's better to let the duc in and split clubman into Superclubman(with your EX's,Duc's,RZ's, and what have you) and clubman for 600 and down single's 500cc air cooled four stroke's, 400 & down Aircooled 2 stroke's.

Run them both at the same time and you should have a grid that more then pay the bills.

My helmet is on, grab your rocks!!

12. AnthonyDuc

Lizard,I see what your saying as times change the technology changes.I'am starting to believe tracce when he said it was a lost cause.I race the duc in question which is not capable of winning in it's classes in stock form.At Talledega the stock 750ss can run 1.12 which the winning times are about 1.10 on the EX and Seca2 so I don't think that the Duc would be a shoein like everybody thinks it would be.Believe me I raced mine in stock trim.

13. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

Anthony, you wouldn't be in the market for a new salesman? would you? I'll send a list of my expectations of what a good employer/sponsor should do for their people. Just some small things, paid health/std/ltd/dental insurance, and three weeks paid vacation(1-bike week, 2-GNF, 3-Cycle Jam), etc. etc. And I almost forgot, that cool 996R up in the window. For a more formal resume' e-mail at [email protected].
    Thank You,
    Allen Goodwin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. AnthonyDuc

Hey big guy on a little bike,as for the 996 my mouth is watering also but Brian want let me near the thing I keep telling him TRUST ME I'LL RESPECT IT IN THE MORNING but thats not working.I'll have to look for another angle to fool him with.Did you get your motor hanging and when do you plan on getting it running I'm ready to see it on the DYNO.Thinking about putting a 600 in my SS and go clubman racing what do you think? [​IMG]

15. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

The engine is hanging and the front end is back on, I still have to go by the shop up here and borrow those $70 sockets for the mounting bolts. I'm off work Fri-Sun, I'll finish it up to the rolling part on Friday and be down at the shop early Sat morning to install the carbs and get the thing running. I can't make the practice day on Sunday it looks like. I'll have it running on Sat. and we can start the break-in and tuning.
    See you Saturday,

Allen Goodwin
    WERA Ex #36
    sponsored by DIXIE SPORTS PLUS
    [​IMG] [​IMG] (how's that for a plug)

16. AnthonyDuc

HELLO is anybody there?

Hey guys don't leave me in here like this I'm scared of the dark.

could somebody turn the lights on please! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by AnthonyDuc (edited 01-10-2001).]

17. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Hey Kith actually I'm still tinkering on the RD and hope to race it. I'm setting old faithful free this weekend at Tall. to Doug Reese. If the weather is decent I'm going to try and ride it a little. I want to see how my shoulder is going to hold up after my car wreck.

To answer your question Caesar I won't be getting a 600 right now because of my car wreck until the personal injury case is at least settled that I have. The money I had planned to use for either a 600 or SV is now in the form of a Ford Explorer. So you have a little grace period to get faster on the 600 until I get out there.

Either of you going to Tall this weekend?

18. wera688

Yes, I'll be at Tally on Sunday. See ya there

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some days it's too easy [​IMG]

Okay, after much discussion and research - the 750 in SS trim will be legal for Clubman tentatively to see what it will do.

In LW Twins we will allow 2 valve air-cooled twins 800cc.

20. wera688

Hey Vito, ya better get on that horse and ride!