1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dolly vs Paddock Stand for garage cleanup

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

Random thoughts:

So much empty floor space! Is there a reason not to move the lift and bike 2 a few feet to the left? That would give you access to bike 2. If you're not racing it, a sidestand on the Ducati would make your life a lot easier. If you take the ramp off the lift, you could line the Ducati up with it, opening up Scooter Alley.

2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas! I don't have the lift anymore to the left because the attic door comes down right there and would hit a bike on the lift if it's over any more than where it is. I race all the bikes, and the sidestand thing hasn't ever really been a problem. Just looking to make things easier. I should take the ramp off the lift, you're right. It's held on with little cotter pins so I never remove it, but I guess they don't need to be there for the most part.

I'm all ears for any more suggestions. Garagejournal.com is an awesome source of ideas, but not a lot of 'bike centric' stuff there and my imagination is garbage.

I even thought about building a 'cage' with a plywood top to roll one bike in that would allow for storage and things on top of the bike/cage. We used to stack items on top of bike crates all the time back in my dealer days, so that Idea came to mind but isn't hugely useful when it comes to getting kids bicycles and scooters and such off the floor or out of the way.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I see a cart with ceiling fan parts on it that seems to take up more space than it is worth. That's the first thing I would remove from the environment. None of your work surfaces are far enough away to make it useful for much. As indicated by what is on it. I'd follow that with removing the chairs no one is using to place an ass in and that's at least 10 square feet you just got back. Bicycles, lawn mowers and kid scooters would all find a new home in a metal building out back. That's assuming the backyard doesn't already look like the garage.

I don't like playing shit shuffle when I go out to do something so shit gets thinned out on a regular basis.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  4. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

You’re right. The cart is a relic from an engine rebuild I did 10+ years ago that has always just stayed around and been useful for r large jobs. But those aren’t super common. Perhaps I should ditch it.

and those fucking chairs…they match the 4 at the table in my house, the table we never eat at. So I can’t get rid of them. Tom Arnold was right : “Women, can’t live with ‘em, can’t kill ‘em”

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think Dolly's titties would hug a 190 rear quite nicely :D

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Stumble over something with a half full oil pan. Once they are oil stained, she'll let you get rid of them.

nlzmo400r and lopitt85 like this.