1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the L7+ GSXR1000 front wheel swap to K9-L6?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JCW, Jun 2, 2023.

1. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

I am mainly asking a rotor spacing question. Do the L7+ and pre L7 bikes have the same rotor spacing (distance from one rotor to the other)?
    That would simplify a swap I wanted to explore greatly.

I found this chart which has been very helpful.
    GSXR Front Discs and rotors.JPG

Based on the chart, the internal spacer, bearing widths and the lateral spacer are all the same, the hubs should be identical dimensionally (?)
    I think now I just need to know if the rotor spacing laterally is the same...
    I did a search on the two main GSXR sites (so painful) and this site. The question has been asked several times but no answers I could find.

Is there a racer here that has done the swap and know if it fits or what is missing? Much appreciated. Thanks

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

K1 to K7 have 132mm for rotors, c to c.

Attached Files:

JCW likes this.
  3. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

2011 + gsxr600/750 I measured 133mm so I assume probably the same 132mm
    Thanks!!! I suppose the wheel hub mounting face distance would be the easiest to measure accurately.

4. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Found a 2018 1000r for sale at a local dealer. Disc spacing exactly 132mm...
    These wheels should be all be compatible... direction of axle installation my differ.