1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone here work for Duke Energy?

Discussion in 'General' started by cincigp, Sep 28, 2012.

1. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

I normally just come here for entertainment and the occasional bike related post, but I figured this would be my best bet to find someone that can help me. I am looking for someone that knows the process for filing a property damage claim with Duke Energy, so if you work there, or have experience please PM me.

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I dont know anyone who works there but Duke Energy can go fuck off.

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Hey now, they all can't be that bad.

No help beyond call customer service.

4. cincigp

Tuna, i was with you until a couple hours ago. I called customer service yesterday and they said they would have the crew supervisor call me. Well, he actually did and was quite polite and says they will put my property back to the condition it was before they showed up yesterday (and started digging in my yard unannounced, and that isn't even the damage I am upset about). So at this point I will give them the benefit of the doubt since they have been good to deal with... MUCH better than US Bank or Cincinnati Bell.

5. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

Well was it your yard or the road ROW where the poles are.

6. cincigp

No poles, everything is underground and it was well into my property... approx 1200 feet from the road. The issue is the 12" puddle of oil and numerous other oil drips they left on my asphalt driveway that was just sealed 15 days ago. I don't really want to have to look at stains they caused for the next few years until I have to seal it again. In their defense, I just got off the phone with them and they seem to be handling it very well. I am not happy yet, but not nearly as unhappy as I was earlier today.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Whats the problem with US bank?

8. cincigp

I will probably end up in the dungeon if I go into details. The thing that pushed it over the edge was them sending me a legally binding document to sign, which I could not truthfully sign, and when I called to talk to the person whose name and signature were on the letter they told me I couldn't even talk to anyone in that department. Their answer was either sign it or we can foreclose on your house (which I had never so much as made a late payment on).

9. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Seems odd that a Duke Energy truck would be leaking fluids..... they have the best PM (preventative maintenance) policy I have ever seen. I wonder if it was a contractor for Duke Energy? They also have the best motor pool typically. If we even notice a light out on the trailer, you simply take it to the motor pool and it will be repaired, no questions asked.... Good luck with your problem, and BTW, I am not a DE employee, I am a vendor employee. :D

10. cincigp

I think it is a subcontractor. They have been very friendly and so far pretty reasonable. We still don't have a resolution, but it seems like we will come to an agreement. The leak was pretty strange. The oil was very clean, almost like the truck had just been serviced and someone left the drain plug loose or something.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Sounds like hydraulic oil, not motor oil. Were there lift trucks on the driveway?

12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

OP said all underground so more likely digging equipment if the oil is hydraulic although a boom truck could have been there regardless.

Also utility companies most likely have an easement on the property. At least here in NY there are normally copies of the easement in your property abstract, sounds like you own the place so you should have access to the abstract. The easement will cover what access they have.

13. cincigp

Could have been hydraulic oil. I wasn't home, so I don't know what was here, but you can see the tire tracks where the front tires were parked and the spot is about 2 feet behind where the axle would be and just off center. As far as I know, the only easement is at the road. This is a quarter mile up my driveway. I realize they own equipment on my property and they need access to it, I would just prefer if they gave me some notice before they come dig up my yard.

14. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Soak it up with kitty litter.

Spray purple power on it.

Wash it away.

Repeat until you can't see the oil.

15. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

It wasn't a PIKE ELECTRIC truck was it?:D

16. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Are you in upstate SC? If so, email me contact info and a nearby city and Ill see who you can contact. I work with a bunch of their area engineers on road projects here.

[email protected]