1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Not Buy from Cycle Nation-Braselton

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

In 2009 Mike deBrabant entered into an agreement with Cycle Nation to race an ex-Schwantz school bike, a GSXR600, in the 2010 Daytona 200. In a show of good faith we raced the 2009 200 under the CN banner. We were to race-prep and develop the bike during the 2009 season with the intent of racing it in the 2010 200.
    The bike was prepped and displayed at CN for all of 2009 except when we needed to develop it. Mike also displayed his personal GSXR1000 at CN to give them credibilty with the racer/trackday crowd. Everyone was happy with the situation.

In late summer the GM at the time left CN. The new GM, Russell Brock, takes over and that is when everything changed. Russell crashed his personal bike at a trackday and came up with the idea to end the agreement we had to race the 2010 200 use said bike for his personal trackday bike with no compensation to us for the development of the bike and parts that were purchased for the bike. At this time we had possession of the bike so we hold it till something can be resolved.
    Mr. Brock then starts to threaten our sponsors with "sending the cops over" to look for the bike. That does not sit well with the sponsors. Mr. Brock also tells Mike that there is a warrant out for his arrest for stealing the bike, nevermind the fact they loaded it in his truck. Mike goes to CN to try to resolve the issue. Mike asked Mr. Brock if there was warrant for his arrest, he states "yes". The cops are called and Mike asks them if there is a warrant out for him, they tell him "no". Why would Mr. Brock lie? Mike leaves CN with his trophies that were on display there.

In the meantime Mr. Brock tries to slam Mike by "friend requesting" his friends from his FaceBook account. Mr. Brock posted pics of the bike after it was returned and labeled them "Reasons not to Sponsor", in a clear attempt to make Mike look bad in front of his peers. So, if CN-Brasleton "friend requested" any of you who are Mike's friend on FB, that is why.

Over the next couple months Mike was in contact with an investigator from Jackson county. The investigator contacted the GM who did the deal with Mike. The old GM tells the investigator what we have in the bike and they argee we can have our stuff off the bike. The parts were taken off and the bike was given back.
    Last week Jackson county contacted Mike and told him that there was a warrant out for his arrest for "theft by conversion". Mike was arrested and spent a day in jail for doing what he was told to do by the police. This is were we stand now. Any lawyers out there want to help a fellow racer out?

Mr. Russell Brock is a liar and a thief!!!

2. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

3. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Hmm... this may get interesting.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Rodger Doyle to the Red courtesy phone please.

Hope it works out for you guys Tracee.... That's rough.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is a familiar story even though the characters change.

6. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Sounds pretty F'd up. Hope it all works out in the end.

Racing can be a great experience, but when you start to do handshake deals with friends and people you think are friends, it will eventually go south.

Remember to get all agreements in writing, even if it's loaning your clapped out '99 gixxer to a buddy for a trackday. I've seen more than one relationship ruined by trust and communication gone wrong.

7. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Damn, Mike D has a Facebook page? I had no idea he was ghey....

That is all- LMK if i can help Tracee- Pzzzz

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Saw the Facebook slams.

9. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

The same Cycle Nation agreed to give my endurance team $600 back in 07 and i did everything they asked me to do for the agreement, but when time came to pay up, they said not everyone that owned the store agreed on the sponsorship so they didnt pay.

10. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

I hope this PUNK "New CN GM" gets what he deserves! I will make sure all the people I know including my self won't buy a thing from there ever again! Unless he gets fired!
    Mike, hang in there bro! We got ur back ;)

11. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

wow. Its amazing some of the horrible stuff good honest people go through. I often wonder whats on peoples minds as to why they feel they can just screw over people that have done nothing wrong.

12. Former

Former Well-Known Member

This is starting to become my #1 favorite website. You've got racing, f/s threads, scammers, whiners, e-thugs, rumors, heresay, drama, bitches crying over who's right, Mr. Know-it-alls, etc.

I luv this site.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Always obtain a contract that spells out in writing exactly what the responsibilities and requirements of both parties are.

Sounds like you made an agreement with a specific employee of a business with out actually getting any contract or agreement directly with the business/company. When said employee was no longer with the business, the business wanted the bike back. Can't say I fault the business or the new GM who sounds like they had nothing to do with the original agreement.

Always get a contract.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just walk away Dave and mind your own business. No one cares what you think, go play with your records.

16. Magistrate

Magistrate Member

I hope for your sake that this is absolutely correct and true, with no possible room to interpret otherwise.

17. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

you wont be able to. ;)

18. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

good luck with that

19. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Russell Brock, is that you?

20. Magistrate

Magistrate Member

Not Russell Brock, not Josh, not Jason, not Ed, not anyone else involved in BBS mud-slinging.