1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divorce help - God Damn Epidemic

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, Sep 14, 2018.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No, spending all your money on hookers and cocaine is not a healthy or productive way to cope with a divorce. Substance abuse and engaging in illegal or dangerous activities can have serious negative consequences for your physical and mental health, as well as your financial well-being.

It's important to find healthy and positive ways to cope with the emotions and stress of a divorce. This may include seeking support from friends and family, engaging in self-care activities, or seeking professional help from a therapist or counselor.

If you are struggling with substance abuse or other harmful behaviors, it is important to seek help and support to address these issues. There are many resources available, including addiction treatment centers, support groups, and mental health professionals.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Please ban @motion

3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yeah hes no fun anymore!

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Evidently his next side hustle, that is indeed very financially rewarding, is as a mega church minister....

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

What is wrong with you?

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He got Turingettes Syndrome.

7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Clearly ChatGPT

8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Anyone familiar with the process to adjust child support?

Salient details:
    Divorce was completed with a property settlement that detailed child support, and the below;
    Kids are with each parent 50/50.
    I pay all insurance for the kids (health, dental, vision)
    Medical Bills are 75/25 with me paying the 75.
    Extracurriculars are 50/50 (scouts, sports, instruments etc)

Alimony is done.
    I have been paying ~700/month
    X started real estate almost 2 years ago, had a good first year and 2022 was very good, good to the point where she made more than me.

Obviously it makes no sense for me to be paying her when she makes more than me and the kids are 50/50, not to mention Im paying insurance. My states support calculator has her now paying me (based on my estimates of her income). Im not looking for $, I just want to stop paying, and maybe get medical bills to 50/50.

How difficult is the process. How likely am I to get a favorable outcome? The lawyer I used for the divorce has taken a sabbatical, and rates are looking like $350/hr, so I want to confirm the trade off value before dumping $$.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You have a penis. Therefore you are wrong.

R Acree, StaccatoFan and Rebel635 like this.
  10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Perhaps a call to 3-6-2-4-3-6. Rumor has it, you can call anytime.

OldSchlPunk and auminer like this.
  11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Perhaps a consultation with an attorney is best at this point. See what your options and likely outcomes are, and what it will cost.

zx6rfool likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I can only attest to what happens in MN, so take that FWIW.

When the child support order gets issued, the order is static for two years unless a dramatic change of circumstances occurs.

After two years, support is automatically given a COLA, and either party is free to bring an action to have the support issue revisited with current information.

It was two years, February 18th.

Someone will be back in front of the child support magistrate soon to explain a few things…

Check your county’s court website, there is probably a self-help department, and possibly some staff that can explain the processes and procedures. They can’t give legal advice, but they can tell you the steps to take if you’re self-representing (and here, most CS revisits are pro se).

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Billy Ethridge would disagree :D

14. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

[​IMG]

15. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Dramatic is an understatement in my case, when we divorced her taxible income was negative ~$900, in 2022 she cleared between 150 and 180K. At this point I ask... [​IMG]

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

My precious ex had a 33% increase in her salary in the 9 months between the time she filed for her second bankruptcy and when I got her on the stand under oath.

Makes you wonder, don’t it?

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like you were holding her back. :D

R Acree, Phl218, YamRZ350 and 3 others like this.
  18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

19. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

CS is mainly done via a predetermined formula (worksheet) that you just plug in the numbers and it spits out a number for custodial/non-custodial.

You can complete it on your own, have her sign and you sign, file it with the clerk and be done. If she fights, then you’ll have to get the attorneys involved. My suggestion is that if she seems reluctant to agree, just ask your attorney or his office for a recommendation. You are permitted to ask for a copy of the W2 to verify her interrogatory.

I have been through the process a few times and luckily my ex and I work through it well.

I look at it as not paying her but enriching the kids’ lives. It’s money I would have spent on the regardless but I understand your situation.

good luck

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is ultimately the best tactic to take. Thank God I'll never be divorced, but when my dad passed away about 15 years ago I was emotionally at my lowest I've probably ever felt. I quickly realized I had to take that negative energy and do something with it. Within 3 months I had used it to get myself into the best physical shape I'd been in up to that time. Going the constructive route versus the destructive one is for sure the best bet....especially in a divorce. The best way to stick it to your ex is to make let them see from a distance how much better you are doing without them. If instead they see you turning to a dark place that's just going to solidify in their minds that you're a loser/degenerate.

MUFC1878 likes this.