1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dislocated shoulder

Discussion in 'General' started by jeremy dunn, May 5, 2020.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Lol, I was rejetting the TTR125 last night and found a kx65 carb rebuild kit in my box of goodies.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. Send it my way baby!!!!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, Rodger Doyle totaled his 6-month-old M4 at Watkins Glen last week.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh damn :(

I share his pain as mine was a little less than 2 months old with 1,500 miles.

I sent the pics to the body shop that I would use, and they say they would push for a total. If not, probably be about 6 months to a year without the car and there's extensive alignment/pulling that would need to happen

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I felt really bad for him. Worst part was, I had sent him a text in the morning asking if he had assaulted any guardrails yet. He let my call go to voicemail at the end of the day. I found out why the next morning when he felt like talking. :(
    He had 4100 miles on the car. Might be more like four months old. I forget exactly when he got it. He might get a replacement in the fall if he orders now.

BigBird likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

At least he still has his yeller Ferrari. ;)

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

When I went to WGI in the spring, I wondered how F1 raced here with all the sketch areas. I did see a Tesla eat the railing in the chute, but they were driving above the conditions in the wet, even though WGI has incredible grip in the wet.

At least he was using the car as it was meant to be. Drove the '23 M3 xdrive Competition and that thing was boring at anything under 85 mph. Going sideways at 85 in it finally made it seem like it's worth driving, but that's lose your license territory.

8. Boman Forklift

Bummer

9. Boman Forklift

You got to admit, that’s freaking funny. Not that he crashed, but that you asked the question in that way.:crackup:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, the rest of the message was "or any deceased cones." I giggled writing it. :D

Situation blows, though. In addition to the embarrassment, eating a high deductible, the long delivery delays on a replacement, and needing something to commute until it comes, the interest rate on the next loan will also be higher. All that for one optimistic corner exit in the final session of the day.

11. Boman Forklift

Hell from everything I’ve read about newer BMW’s, the steering feel sucks anyway. Do him a favor and tell him to go buy a 911 or a GT4. :)

And if he really wants to feel what amazing steering can feel like, jump in a Lotus.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, right. The man couldn't keep an AWD car on the track. Last thing I'm recommending is something like that. :D
    For the first few minutes on the phone, I thought that he was messing with me. If he hadn't sent me pictures, I still might not believe it. He waited almost a year for that damn car.

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Apologies to the OP for the threadjack. Big Bird & Boman started it.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Making fun of Rodger is always allowed :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not making fun of him. Only stating facts. :D This is just too sad to enjoy.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You may not be.... :D

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is my exact situation.

Tell him he can reach out to me and we can commiserate together.