1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deal's gap area camping tips/question

Discussion in 'General' started by zeroice, May 6, 2008.

1. zeroice

zeroice crotchrocketroadracer

I'm doing a trip up there w/ my buddies riding some Hogs this memorial weekend. We're riding in from AL early on the 24th and plan to head back on the 26th.

Plan:
    1st night camp around Tellico Plains/Cherohalla/Deal's Gap

2nd night camp off of Blueridge Parkway around Canton, NC.

Got any tips on tent camping? Last year I stayed at KOA's and it was quite peaceful at night (probably due to noise curfew). This year I'm thinking of staying at the Deal's Gap resort camping/tent area and the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. Are they noisy at night (after 11pm)? What about the bath houses / showers, are they reasonable compared to a KOA? Or are they really gross or have no warm shower water?

Would appreciate any tips! :beer:

2. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

I've not been to this place but a bunch of my friends stayed here (linky) last year and really enjoyed themselves. They described it as being very laid back. The folks who own/operate it were very friendly, you might want to check it out.

3. duaneherndon

duaneherndon Well-Known Member

The Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso, NC is an excellent place to camp. It is not too far off the parkway right around the Waynesville area.

They have tent camping, cabins, a fire at night and a good kitchen on site.

Better call ahead cuz' they fill up for holiday weekends!

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

4. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

Check here: link

I think there are two or three campgrounds near Tellico Plains. That should be a good stopping point coming from 'bama.