1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona to be repaved

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Apr 24, 2010.

1. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

2. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

about time.....

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

we'll see how it works in Oct! :D

4. RickJohnson#29

They are saying the Oct. races are cancelled there. They have to relocate the ROC because they will not be finished till Jan. 2011.

5. Critter

Critter Registered

Hopefully they will be smart enough to have a tire test before the national

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I won't go to Miami. They should have it at VIR. :up:

7. The Joker

The Joker Member

That sucks! I wanted to do the Team Hammer day at Daytona on Oct 15th. Oh well. I just hope they do not relocate that weekend at Jennings or PBIR. Either Road Atlanta or Roebling sounds better.

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I don't think CCS has ever run at Road Atlanta.. Don't know why but i'm sure there is some story behind it

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

CCS has ran at Rd Atlanta.

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Strong WERA union? I hear those WERA union reps are worse then the SEIU or UAW when it comes to crossing union lines.

11. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I've run several CCS races at Road A. Few years back though.

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

That would be cool. I ophten have wondered why they haven't.

13. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

From reading that article it sounds like they will be repaving everything EXCEPT the "road course"

14. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

I think the road course was repaved relatively recently. Either way its not nearly as bad as the tri-oval

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It'll be interesting. That place is already brutal on tires, mix in new pavement, the talk of running the 200 on the DMG superbikes, the increased speeds new pavement brings and doing it on both bankings . . .

As for where CCS will run their octoberpalooza, seeing how this is the WERA BBS and shit. . . :D

16. RickJohnson#29

Hopefully the banks will be much smoother after the repave. I raced there for the first time in Feb. and they were bumpy as hell running 150+ on a liter bike. Luckily my teamate let me borrow his chest protector so it didn't beat me up too bad. It was a blast though. Guess I'll have to wait till next yr. to try it again.

17. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Does France Jr's judge own a paving company? Just sayin'.:D