1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Feb 12, 2016.

1. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Jeez....all jokes aside, what a waste of talent.....

hcr25 likes this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I bet you wont say that when he wins it a third time Saturday....

Dragginass and Britt like this.
  3. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

DAYTONA BEACH — Two-time and defending Daytona 200 champion Danny Eslick was jailed Tuesday on a charge of battery on a law enforcement officer, records show.

Eslick was arrested by Daytona Beach police just before midnight and booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail early Tuesday morning, records show. He was released at 7:13 a.m. after posting $1,500 bail.

Police Chief Mike Chitwood said Eslick was taken into custody near the intersection of Main Street and Ocean Avenue.

The 29-year-old, from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, has won back-to-back Daytona 200 races at Daytona International Speedway.

If he wins the 75th Daytona 200 Saturday, he would become the first rider to win the motorcycle race three consecutive times.

Eslick won on a Triumph motorcycle in 2014 and defended that win aboard a Suzuki last year. He has entered Saturday's race on a Yamaha.

He races with the competition number No. 69.

4. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean he's not wasting his talent....

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

If this was the NFL or NBA he would probably not be allowed to race. But it's not..so there's that

But if he wins a third in a row, on a 3rd different brand..that's pretty impressive.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Evidently not much has changed from the Matsushima days.
    But who knows what actually happened. I would take any police report with a grain of salt. They can pretty much put down what ever they want to.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

And we are all glad it isnt!
    He is one of the riders I always cheer for.

Badazzmurican, TLR67 and BigBird like this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Maturity not Talent..... Getting arrested has nothing to do with kicking ass on 2 wheels.... From a Sponsorship perspective yes... But on 2 Wheels talent level no.... Keep in mind he could have been sober so don't break the alcohol card out either.....

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Have you seen the mugshot?

10. Badazzmurican

Badazzmurican Active Member

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

:timeforabeer:

12. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

All I know is the guy can ride. I'm not that concerned about what he does in his personal life, I'm not dating him or related to him. It'll be his mess to clean up.

13. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Do you think a rider who's training and preparing for a race is going to perform better than if he's out partying and spending the night in jail? He may still win, but you can't tell me he's at his best. That's what I mean by squandering his talent. Also, if no team wants to deal with the BS and you're mainly on the sideline....again a squandered talent.....but whatever....his choices, his life to live

hcr25 and DucatiBomber like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

didn't VR46 say that he used to be sometime hungover before racedays in his autobio? It seemed to work out ok for him back then

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then yes, when he was the only alien. No way he does it now.

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

And most would bash the NFL or NBA player and talk about how they are spoiled, out of control, etc, etc and that is why we don't like watching those sports because they act like ... well... Eslick.

Speaking for myself here one thing I like about the elite level roadrace guys is that the majority of them act professional on and off the track.

If he's not squandering his talent then why isn't he consistently winning a Profesional race championship here or overseas?

Oh wait I know... Because he didnt have a ride.

I feel bad for Michele and the crew at TOBC. They gave him a chance and now have to deal with this. Even if it ends up being nothing still a mess for a team to deal with. They always run a very nice program.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    JBraun and Paige like this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its motorcycle racing, fellas... this shit is expected.

RightSideUp and TLR67 like this.
  19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Righ

I agree to a point. What about a different American who just a couple years ago was all the hype. Went over seas, and had a beautiful ride. He got shit canned by his team. He wasn't drinking or getting arrested. He wasn't as you say squandering his talent. I don't think getting arrested has anything to do with anyone's talent. I've been arrested. I've been to jail. I've served some time. And still worked a a nuclear facility welding. My talent and or opportunity wasn't squandered. I stand by my statement I made in the Daytona 200 thread. Alot are pissed off, doesn't want this race to even exist, because Joe blow isn't hosting it. But that's my opinion.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely not. Nor is it acceptable to the vast majority of teams and sponsors.

Partying? Sure. Showing your ass publicly? Nope. Never has been. There's a reason the partying stories come out after the riders retire...