1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darkest movie you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'General' started by Coopster, Apr 12, 2011.

1. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

The only movie that really hit me in a dark, pure evil type of way was the Blaire Witch Project II. Myabe it was because I watched it alone in the dark basement, because those kind of movies don't typically get to me. Never saw the first one and I don't even know why I watched it, but for some reason this one just freaked me out.

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

se7en
    8mm
    requiem for a dream
    blow
    gone baby gone
    kids

3. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

"The Notebook". Watching James Garner cry emotionally scarred me. I had to watch a few episodes of The Rockford Files just to realign myself.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:You just reminded me of that Seinfeld episode where Newman ratted out Jerry after seeing him making out with his girlfriend in the theater watching Schindler's List.

I was traumatized as a kid by the witch that turns into some kind of dragon in Sleeping Beauty. That seriously fucked me up. :D

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

6. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Memento was thoroughly fucked up. sugar was a baaad man in No Country for Old Men, an amazing portrayal of real evil if you ask me.

7. tito

tito Well-Known Member

lhighlander: the source....the fact that anyone thought this was a good idea and then ok'ed it once they saw some actual footage is pretty dark....and f'ed up. worst movie ever made

8. rk1951

rk1951 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the Korean film "Old Boy?" It is border line on the dark side. It has one of the most surprising and original endings I have ever seen in my life. It’s a revenge story. It has won a few awards. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. The trailers don't do justice. Watch it with sub titles, not dubbed over.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLn1y9v6yno

9. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Ken Park is another Larry Clark film, it's pretty messed up. If you liked Kids, you'll like Ken Park.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, that trailer is enough for me to not have any desire to see that one. Just...dayum. :Puke:

11. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

The shinning. I saw that when I was visiting my Cousins Jr High in the Mtns of VT and staying in this tiny skiier motel in a craphole town they lived in. Saw it like the second day we were there, and it was scary as could be. Being 13ish and having that go through my head all night was awful.

What about Pet Cemetary, more just weird but I was scared thefirst time I saw it. I gotta check some of these others out.

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

+1

Think about how life changing that would be for all involved...

13. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

The Experiment
    2010 R 96 minutes
    Paul Scheuring directs this gripping thriller about a group of ordinary men who volunteer to take on the roles of guards and inmates in a mock prison as part of a controversial psychological experiment. When Barris (Forest Whitaker) and the other guards abuse their power in unnerving ways, Travis (Adrien Brody) and his fellow prisoners stage a revolt. Maggie Grace co-stars in this film based on the infamous real-life 1971 Stanford prison stunt.

Twisted and Dark !! 5 Stars !

14. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

I read/watched The Road around the time my son was born, that was a mistake for sure. I was an emotional wreck for like a week.

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Stigmata freaked me out a bit.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I remember Dad telling me how much it freaked him out too. He saw it on a date for a matinee and immediately walked out of the theater and bought another ticket to whatever was playing next just to get it out of his head.

17. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

A video with my ex (the devil itself) in it.

18. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Requiem for a Dream, Natural Born Killers, Kalifornia, and Clockwork Orange.

Always found plausible, non-monster movies much scarier than any 'horror' movie.

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yep

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider