1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclejam Full grids for 600/750 SS NV

Discussion in 'General' started by myNAMEisMUDD, May 19, 2004.

1. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

I've never been to the 'jam, and i just read somthing about grids being full in the 600 and 750 SS NV classes. Is this true, as i dont want to make the haul and not be able to ride. I was a moron and didnt pre-register.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

It wouldnt surprise me if it is true. Ya gotta remember, this is a FIVE region weekend, and a national as well. The grids typically do fill up early.

3. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

I've registered on Thurs. with no problems in the past. You may run into a problem trying to register Saturday morning. If you're going, get to registration as early as possible.

4. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

Are you talking about not being able to race at all or just being put in the back of the pack. I did not pre register and I am not leaving until Friday night to get there early Saturday morning around 0600 is there a chance I might not be able to race at all????

Thanks for the help

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

if the grids are full, you dont race. :(

6. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

Wow I did not know that, what is considered to be a full grid? I have a SV650SS

Thanks.

7. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

Is it to late to pre registor now??? Can I call someone to pay now even if I have to pay extra I don't care at this point I just want to be able to race.

Thanks

8. PaperROCKScisr

PaperROCKScisr Active Member

More than likely Mongo is driving through the T-storms enroute to VIR. You'd be lucky to catch anyone, and cell reception at the track is virtually non-existant

9. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

You should be OK on the SV. It's the B and C Novice classes that'll fill up first.

10. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

What is a bummer also is that my buddy is going with me and he and I started the racing thing together this year and he races the 750 SS novice class and he has not pre registered either. What is a man to do???? Does Mongo have a cell# someone could give me??? You can PM me with the number, if you don't want to give it hear.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

11. Monqo

Monqo The Bosses Pet

12. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

On a releated note, how are the grids organized? Are they on a straight points basis independent of region? As far as registration goes, do riders with points carry any sort of priority over riders without points?

Thanks!

--Eck

13. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

message has been sent,

Thanks.

14. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

NO I was 2nd in points and could not race because of full grids
    the national grids will not be full
    so you can enter them, you will also get an invite to the gnf
    if you race one national race.

15. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Think they go by position in class not points. All the 1st place riders, then 2nd place, and so on. Think a 5th place rider in one region with 10 points might grid ahead of a 7th place rider from another region with 15 points.

16. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I hope this is true. If somebody knows for sure please post and verify.

17. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

RTFRB :) You're gridded by position in class, just like at the GNF. All the 1st place guys from all the regions, then all the second place guys, etc and so on.

b) During a SPORTSMAN Sprint Championship weekend, grid positions will be determined by your current points standings in the Region(s), if you have no points you will be gridded by order of registration. In the event of a crossover race, you will be gridded in the furthest forward grid spot you have earned. In the event of tied grid spots the computer will designate them randomly. For round one in any region you will be gridded by your finishing position in the previous year.

- Roach

18. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

OK. I'm here in the office so I will try to answer this questions. First, I have a question, How do you people know if the grids are full or not if they have not even been done or not put into the computer as of today, Thursday. We just got to VIR..... Next thing.... Grids are done by points, pre-entry and then post entry.. This is also done in the national series. Calling Mongo might get you a answer, but he is very busy and will probably tell you the same thing I am going to tell you..... Come and see, we will try every way so that you can race.:)

19. saxman

saxman Well-Known Member

So there is no chance to register today? It would be a huge bummer to drive almost 500 miles to be told you can't race. If there is any other options, please let me know.

Thanks.

20. myNAMEisMUDD

myNAMEisMUDD i like the sound of that

Nobody said that the grids were full, and i apologize if you get that impression from the subject line. This was simply a question as to the probability of grids being full, as i (and apparently several others) do not want to make the trek (10 hours for me) to VIR if i'm not going to have the opportunity to race.