1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle Jam

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA854, Jun 29, 2011.

1. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Mongo
    Will Vintage run on Thurs again this year?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on that this week.

3. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I donated a 'Day at the Races' at VIR for a charity auction, and wanted to offer another date besides the AHRMA event there...and of course we want to start beating the bushes for vintage racers. :)

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I planned to be there thursday....Jack and I have scheduled the time off, etc....we firmed things up at Road Atl this weekend.

I've been beating the bushes here Eric....Walker (who has Deans V1 bike, wink wink).....Bowie talked about it earlier in the year, but ya never know with him.....not too many takers tho.

I've wanted to go up there for years.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

VIR may be the best track in the area. I like it even better than Barber. Come up and hang out.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Heck, how can ya turn down the pimpin mo-fo?....just wouldnt be right!

Stick, you will like the plan I have set up. Jack and I driving up, pulling my trailer with racebikes AND my Harley on it. Race thursday. Then I'm dropping the HD off the trailer and riding to Sturgis :D

Jack is pullin all my race gear back to the ATL, and I'll pick that up when I get back.

Wait....theres more :D ....I'm hookin up with the hooligan Fuller Hotrods crew. They are hauling all my gear for Sturgis from ATL out there in their rig....so I'll be travelling light.....I'm almost more looking forward to the ride than anything.

Anyhow, I get to race with WERA at one of the finest tracks in the country....and go to Sturgis in the same trip.:up:

Does this help with my pimpin qualifications any? I realize its a long process to get to your level, but hey man....ya gotta dream, right?:beer:

I'm looking forward to VIR....I hope it works out.

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That sounds like a fun trip. I'll have mine up at VIR. Maybe we can go looking for dinner one night

8. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Sounds like I may need to bring my rickety old bucket of rolling bolts :D

9. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

V7 guys be there or be square. you have to be there, great track! Lance

10. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

VIR is a great track. That paddock I didnt like so much, to sandy. Good power though. Wont be there this year though. To far to drive and out of my budget. Those I dont get to see at RRR this month I will hopefully get to see at GNF.