1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Barnacle Bill Suit 5.00

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Dec 16, 2004.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

here's the details. Christopher is a little 12 year old boy that lives ar the end of my road. he was born with a hole in his heart and underwent 4 major surgeries when he was just weeks old. during one of the surgeries he had a disabling stroke . he can walk but he can't run. he can't talk but he can sign language. his right arm is only 10% as his right leg. he loves nascar racing. he has 3 younger brothers that love him dearly and help him all they can. christphers parents are in their late 20's . his father works 2 jobs and his mother is a teacher's aid at the local school . they are active in their church youth groups and his father is working to become a minister. christopher now had a rare blood disorder. they removed his spleen last year but they just can't find out what is wrong. his white blood cell count is so low and his immune system so impared he can no longer go to school . needless to say all this has wrecked havoc on the families finances. I can't watch this young father carrying his son in his arms or the care the rest of the family shows for him without a tear coming into my eye. I just found out this morning that they had to let their car go back when the lease was up. they are using a loaner from her parents. I want and need to do something for them. I want the wera family to help me. I could just make a donation but i can take that same money and buy materials for a new custom suit . I did this for the airfence fund . help me do this for christopher and his family . every single penny of your 5 dollar donation will go to this family. I think enough of you know me to know this is true. I would think just send in your donation along with your name and address and phone number which will go into a general drawing and darethea can pick the recipient of the new suit right after the first of the year and then the details can be worked out then. it just feels like the right thing to do . I would really like to have a least a 1000 people donate and get into the pool. input is appreciated . I plan to do something even if this is a no go. tell me what you think. emails and phone calls are appreciated. I AM BARNACLE BILL my email is [email protected] my phone number is 859 336 7375 moderator if you have a heart you will stick this thread up at the top of the list. thak you all for your time. as always the best to all. barnacle bill and darethea

Moderator edit

this thread is 10 years old!

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Paypal account, call with credit card, send a check?

3. barnacle bill

payment

I personal don't have a paypal or credit card account. I figured just send in payment through the mail . put your name address and phone number on a 3 X 5 card maybe? and put attention for Christopher on it. a check or any other instrument like that will be fine . it will all be keep documented and aI can probably even get pictures of christopher and his family and the results of the help they recieve. they are good people and deserve it and will appreciate it. my mailing address is

barnacle bill's
    1106 logan road
    springfield, ky 40069

4. Chip

Chip Registered

Ditto.....I would like to buy 20 tickets. How do I send the money.....

You are a good man Bill........God Bless you.

5. dtalbott

Need any other donations as raffle prizes?

Count us in for $100.

Check will go out tomorrow.

6. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

Yeah Bill, check will be in the mail shortly...let me know if there is any other way we can help.

-Jeremy

:clap: :clap: :clap:

7. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

moderator dawg, whoever you are - make this thread sticky.......

8. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Check made payable to whom?

^bump^

-Wish

9. red baron

red baron Well-Known Member

Money being sent

Bill,
    Great idea and cause, thanks for working on their behalf. I'm still stuck in Iraq but my wife will be mailing a check tomorrow.

10. barnacle bill

donations

I figured the barnacle bill suit will be the grand prize. and it would be no base model either. anything the winner wants. if someone wanted to donate some secondary prizes to add incentive that definetely would be appreciated and names could just be drawn until everything is given away. anyone that is sending in mulitiple donation fill out that number of drawing cards to go into the barrel. I plan on videotaping the drawing or maybe even doing it live on line if I can get some help in that department. I know how to make things but I am just a point and click guy on the computer. I am already very touched by the response already. if anyone wants to pick up this thread on another site or bbs or whatever feel free to do so to get the word out. anything that helps this family will be a blessing. the best to all and God Bless . barnacle bill and darethea

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Barnacle Bill's.

12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i will get a piece of this action as well. i will try to get a check out today or tommorow. this is a good thing your doing. merry christmas!

13. barnacle bill

I guess

just make the checks out to " barnacle bill's christopher fund "
    and I'll get the job done. like I said every penny will go to this family. don't forget to fill out a card for the drawing. the best to all. bill and darethea

14. Chip

Chip Registered

Bill - I will spread the word on the rest of the web today.:beer:

15. Count me in. Can you set up Paypal? I don't have any checks.

16. Chip

Chip Registered

Ok.....There is a Post on Gixxer.com, R1-Forum.com, and Sportbikes.net

Together that is about 100k members.....you should be seeing the donations rolling in soon!!!:beer:

If Somebody would like to make a donation page I would be glad to host it.:beer:

17. dtalbott

And you wonder why you are my hero, Sir......

:bow: :bow: :bow:

18. barnacle bill

great!

I am sure many will just send in their donation as a 5.00 bill wrapped in a piece of paper with their name and address. darethea and I will take care of everyone and make sure it gets to whom it is intended for. this just feels right. feel free to post my address and phone number so people will know where to donate. JU feel free to use any or all of my information or text if you want to help I don't mind. christopher and his family can use the help. If you are a father and you see others in need you just have to think " there but for the grace of God" well you know what I mean .I got to go to work but will check back when I can . the best to all and God Bless you all. barnacle " bill and darethea

19. workerant

workerant Ride to work.

I've posted it in the Cycleforums.com Grandstands. That adds another 22,000 readers.

20. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I hope Chip wins the suit instead of me... you know so you won't be out so much leather.