1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Sequence - WERA - 10 AUG 08 - AM#800 & AM#176

Discussion in 'General' started by magic-rat, Aug 10, 2008.

1. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

If you're gonna crash ... well, ya might as well get it on film ...

Ok. These are two of the toughest dudes I've ever seen ... AM#800 & AM#176.

The ripped up pavement in Turn 1 of Summit Point Main Course played a part in this crash. It was pretty dramatic. I

thought sure there were some serious injuries. They both shook hands in the end as they left back for the paddock.

I have a feeling they are both hurt a bit. Hope they really are "all good" and no trips to the doctor are required.

God bless, y'all ... that was pretty hairy.

Video Link:

http://www.magicratvideos.com/magicvideos/video/Crash176_800/Crash176_800.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To download a copy of this clip to your hard disk, "Right-Click" and choose "Save Target As...". The link is below:

http://www.magicratvideos.com/magicvideos/video/Crash176_800/Crash176_800.wmv

2. RacerMdub

RacerMdub '03 GSXR 750

I hope everyone is ok

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That could have been really bad. Glad it wasn't.

4. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

Now I know how Drew and Greg did in that race. Hope all everyone is OK, it looked like Drew's arm was hurt, but he was moving it around.

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Damn, was his front tire leaving the ground from some nasty chatter, or was it ripples in the pavement setting it off? Either way it looks like suspension and pavement were more at cause than any rider.

Sucks for both of them and glad they are both relatively ok

6. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

7. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

it was raining, mid race or did they have rains on?

8. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

No rain.

It started raining about 30 seconds after the crash ... but the track was dry during the incident.

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Glad they're both okay :up: Poor surface = poor traction.

10. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Fixed for ya :D

You can see his front tire slide out when he goes wide from the inside "curb line". Sucks they haven't fixed that yet :down: .

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Ok now i know where the hole on Drews arm came from.

you all can say what you want about the pavement, couldn't be so bad when Batey was dropping 12's

12. T, fast lap times were possible if you were precise enough to keep your front tire on the two foot smoothe line at the inside of 1, 5, and 6, but if you ran just a bit wide you either had to stand the bike up or stand a good chance of crashing. Someone like Batey is precise enough to ride near his limit and stay on those narrow strips of smoothe pavement. If he was here in early may, before the track went to complete shit, and if the weather was similar to what it was this weekend before the rain, I am sure he would have been at track record pace. I think the condition of the track even slowed the great Trey Batey a bit.

13. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

I'm just glad i didnt see it.. was standing at pit out, saw them going down the straight together. then red flag.... no good at all.

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

i know, i was talking shit! good on all you guys:up:

15. joec

joec brace yourself

thats gonna leave a mark. glad everyones ok. good hard clean racing though!

16. :beer:

17. Just from looking at the picture, it looks like 800's bike saved him from getting completely run over!

18. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I hope those guys are OK!!

Whoever shot the vid did a great job, but the final version suffers from a musical catastrophe! Which one of you toothless, tobacco chewing, redneck Gomers picked that tune?

:D

19. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

Ooooh ... well, I'm into the bluegrass ... DEEP.

Some more ...

This one is from the Fort Plain, NY Racoon (hunting) Club. They have a nicely stocked pond on their property. Great place to take the kids.

http://www.magicratvideos.com/magicvideos/video/CoonClubPond/CoonClubPond.html

Bwa-ha-ha.

20. magic-rat

magic-rat Active Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008