Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He took over the class and everyone enrolled got advanced asshole training.

cav115 and motion like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

It's OK Mongo....we understand.

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

5. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

No way. He wouldn’t be Mongo then.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't that an insult to those people given their other choices over the years?

8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

Just as posting information that causes a public health crisis is then...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - and as a healthy young adult that is lucky to have been born in this country, I have unlimited knowledge at my fingertips.

I admit, that categorizing the data is not my forte - but from what I have read: this absolutely is similar to the flu and every other virus...

The difference being: we don’t have vast quantities of people helping to control it though vaccination programs.

Allowing it to spread unchecked without thought for your fellow human beings is just selfish...

Again, my opinion.

pscook and 2blueYam like this.
  10. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

More anecdotal stuff... Daughter caught it, had symptoms and felt bad for 3 or 4 days. S-I-L caught it (probably from her a few days later) and felt "bad, but OK"; then had a bad case of kidney stones to compound the problem. Both fully recovered after a week or so of "yuckyness".

I talked with a lady this morning whose daughter had an unscheduled appendectomy delayed due to waiting for the results of a covid test. She had recently visited FL to look for a winter home, and the docs in CO felt it prudent to run the tests prior to clearing her for surgery. Long story short, by the time she was cleared for surgery, her appendix burst and has now been in the ICU for 5 days. Hoping for a full recovery, but also encouraging her family to get a very good lawyer. It sounds like a heck of a case to me.

Buffoonery associated with this thing has no bounds, and even if there was some kind of reckoning where our "leaders" came clean and starting being honest, I think it is too late to do any good. Heck of a way to run the country!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the main thing is it's your opinion - because what you posted in large part is not supported by anything beyond emotion (everyones not just yours).

Another good example of that is your flu analogy in this response - the flu isn't remotely controlled by vast quantities of vaccinations. On the best year when they guess the strain correctly it's still less than 30% effective. Now yeah that's good for that 30% and hopefully a covid vaccine will work as well for those who want it but it's still a moot point, people will always get covid and die from it. That still isn't going to be enough to justify the current reaction to it.

I have thoughts for my fellow human beings. Most of them aren't good but that depends on the other person. One that covers all of them is they should be free to react to things as they choose, not as others choose for them. They can protect themselves from this and other viruses on their own through some truly basic precautions. This is not something special on that score not matter how many people are trying to make it so.

12. StaccatoFan

Easy Mongo...remember....you're arguing with someone who paid $37.50 for a light bulb, and cannot afford fresh produce.

'nuff said.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    baconologist likes this.
  13. baconologist

Orly?

14. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Absolutely... no where does it say implied or otherwise that healthcare workers risk their own health treating others... that is a decision each one makes for themselves.

If you find evidence to the contrary except in your own make believe world where you've got all the answers and the rest of us are stupid, let me know.

The bravado is hilarious...

Yzasserina and R1Racer99 like this.
  15. baconologist

Not exactLy.....they can choose to leave the profession. But the risk managers / management / lawyers decide the required ppe.

16. StaccatoFan

Time Magazine....recognizing people for just doing their fucking jobs.

I'm way prouder of my WERA trophies I won this year at Nelson Ledges.

baconologist likes this.
  17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

And many are...
    Leaving the risk managers/lawyers to treat the patients with their level of ppe they deemed appropriate.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Every fucking one of us risks our health and lives at our jobs to serve others. I stick my hands in live electrical equipment, climb ladders, live splice electrical connections and risk getting my ass fricasseed to a charred cinder.

And some days I replace smoke detectors.

Spare me the “unprecedented risk” bullshit.

19. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

You are missing the point...
    You make that decision. Someone doesn't make it for you.

And you have absolute say what you wear and what equipment you use to keep you safe I bet...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I take vast risks every evening around bedtime. I sleep next to a redhead.

brex, R Acree, Banditracer and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.