1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The dipshits could have used some common sense and not gathered by the hundreds on the beach this past weekend and avoided this. That is the last I am going to say, as I fear this is trending a bit too political.

2. I totally agree.

Many measures need to be put in place, as they have been. But canceling sporting events/concerts/etc and “requesting” people stay home is one thing.

Forcing people to stay home and threatening them is something completely different. That is bullshit.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wearing a mask works a lot better when there are masks for all to wear.

4. Besides, how do they think they are going to enforce that?

Didn’t they just release a bunch of people from prison recently? So now they are going to replace those criminals with people whose only crime is they didn’t stay in their house?

Fuck off with that shit.

Sabre699, Pride & Joy and Phl218 like this.
  5. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

So, is Florida the only state putting up checkpoints to keep out-of-staters out?

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yet if you aren't sick you don't need to wear a mask. It just becomes a nice moist area for pathogens to settle as you breath out. The virus is small enough to pass through an N95 mask, water droplets aren't.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Texas has checkpoints at Louisiana

Slider82 likes this.
  8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Rhode Island is attempting it but getting pushback and I heard this morning Texas was trying to restrict people from Louisiana.

Slider82 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A lot of doctors here have been saying that it's not just about stopping droplets, it also keeps people from touching their own faces.

Montoya and tony 340 like this.
  10. Newsshooter

And a lot of doctors are saying not to wear a mask or gloves if you don't need them. The mask doesn't cover your whole face, only your mouth and nose, wipe your eyes while wearing a mask will work just as well to transfer the virus.

11. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

The last I heard Florida has checkpoints on I-10 to stop people from Louisiana and I-95 for NY, NJ. Guess they aren't worried about people coming down I-75 yet.

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

1918, and 50 million dead, even wearing masks. The flu is more lethal, and to more ages. Not a good comparison.

13. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

CT had the NG going door to door of houses with cars in the drive showing NY or NJ tags. Advising the residents they were under 14day quarantine.

Slider82 likes this.
  14. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Within a week, we'll likely start seeing major health departments and potentially even the CDC recommending that everyone wear masks in public.

15. Newsshooter

I'll take that bet..... No reason to wear a mask if you're not sick, no reason to wear a mask if you're not around anyone else. The people I see wearing a mask in a car by themselves cracks me up.

There aren't enough masks for people working in healthcare, and making a mask out of some cotton is pointless. It isn't going to keep dust out well, much less a virus that is small enough to pass through an N95 mask.

Montoya and Gorilla George like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Kind of crappy that small businesses are getting "loans", i.e. they have to pay the money back. But the big corporations are just getting free money. Not surprising, but still crappy nonetheless.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is BS.

If that were the case, then why are healthcare workers using them. Why in every other country where people are employing widespread mask usage are they having an easier times keeping the virus at bay.

Don't kid yourself, the only reason they told everyone to not wear masks is because they knew ahead of time that there wouldn't be enough and were worried about shortages. It has absolutely nothing to do with masks being an ineffective preventative measure. ESPECIALLY when you are dealing with an asymptomatic spreading virus like this.

casjoker likes this.
  18. Newsshooter

It's not BS, wife is an ICU nurse, they're not supposed to wear them for long periods of time without changing them out. That isn't happening because there's a shortage. Are you in constant contact with someone that's sick, then sure wearing a mask might help. Heard two interviews with infectious disease docs yesterday, they both said you didn't need to wear a mask unless you were sick to prevent spread.

Lawn Dart and Gorilla George like this.
  19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But there's the problem, lots of people are probably "sick" without knowing it.

20. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If we cut all travel and all went to mandatory masks in public and at home in February we could of saved ourselves a whole lot of trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.