1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covid psa

Discussion in 'General' started by David-imoddavid, Aug 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

bs. Scientists made the vaccines and that’s what fixed things, not some bogus American exceptionalism about cleanliness. Sanitation is still awful throughout much of the world. Yet good people spent decades administering inexpensive polio vaccines to poor people in dirty places throughout the world to help eradicate it. We did the same with measles until the recent scourge of anti-vaxxers threatened to unwind decades of progress.

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Aren't vaccines supposed to prevent you from catching a virus? The covid jab should never have been called a vaccine to begin with because it didn't prevent anybody from catching it or spreading it.

3. freedomgli

No! Absolutely not! Where did you get that opinion? Right wing media? LOL

Vaccines train your immune system so that when you DO get the virus, it’s ready to kick its ass. This usually results in no symptoms or mild symptoms. That is the ideal outcome. It’s not that you won’t get sick, but rather the vaccine drastically improves your chances that you won’t die or be permanently disabled from the virus. And the better our immune systems can fight the virus, the less of it there is to infect others and it slows down its rate of reproduction and mutation to something more manageable.

BrentA likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You are 100% wrong about everything, you're just repeating the propaganda they fed you.
    I challenge you to provide even one scientific study to back anything you just wrote.
    I guarantee you won't find anything but opinion pieces making those claims.
    Not one vaccine has ever been tested in a blind study which is the procedure followed for
    new medications before they are released to the public. Which means there are no scientific
    studies that even prove that they work.

The vaccines arrived after many diseases were mostly beaten and weren't responsible
    for beating smallpox or polio or anything else. We know this because all diseases were
    sharply reduced during the same time period and only a few had vaccines.
    The polio vaccine actually caused a resurgence of polio plus introduced a couple of new
    diseases because it was contaminated with monkey-borne viruses (monkeys are used to
    produce the vaccine).
    Polio no longer exists in the wild, everyone who has it these days caught it from the vaccines.

Only natural antibodies create herd immunity such as that which exists in my age group (I'm 69)
    because we all caught measles, mumps, chicken pox, whooping cough, etc. When the neighbor's kids
    got sick we were sent over to play with them so we'd all get sick at the same time and we were then
    immune for life from that disease. That's true herd immunity. All vaccines require boosters.

If you want to read some of the actual science and history, read this. https://archive.vn/kS203
    It's a lot of information and not the easiest reading but if you really want to educate
    yourself it's worth the time and effort. However, judging from what you wrote I'm sure you won't
    expose yourself to the actual science.
    But at least I tried.

SPL170db, mike w, 27 and 2 others like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If not covid there'll be another one. Already lots of talk about " the next pandemic ". So it's in the works.

Sabre699 and 27 like this.
  6. freedomgli

I just can’t with you people. You are a lost cause, just like MAGAs and flat earthers and people who refuse to wear seatbelts in cars.

“A bee isn’t going to waste his time trying to convince a fly that honey tastes better than shit.”

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Ad hominem attacks are not an effective means of arguing your point

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

= I got nothing.

gapman789, Razr, R1M370 and 3 others like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup: I bet you get your "news" from CNN and MSNBC. :rolleyes:

Photo, brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Never take scientific advice from those who say men can menstruate…

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    Banditracer, Photo, TurboBlew and 5 others like this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

He lived through that history he elaborated on, and you read about it. So who would you believe?

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

To quote Ralph Wiggums:

“Martin Luther King had a dream. Dreams are where Elmo and Toy Story had a party, and I was invited. Yay! My turn is over!”

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Mongo walking into this thread later:crackup:

[​IMG]

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Omar comin!!!!!!

Banditracer and noles19 like this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Sorry about the loss of your leg David. Glad to hear you are now on the road to recovery. Covid is a strange beast that seems to affect people very differently. The vaccine is also in the same boat. A polarizing topic that will be hotly debated for the rest of our lives.

16. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

This thread is why we can't have nice things

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly doesn't actually make them more or less informed than those who have an MD...

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:eek:

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't get it, still alive, just like a couple hundred million people....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just ass it's dumb to blame everything on the virus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.