1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covid psa

Discussion in 'General' started by David-imoddavid, Aug 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

I made my decision not to get the jab when our govt wanted to make it a mandate. I contracted an especially vicious strain on May 23 this year. After 59 days in and out of hospitals, rehab centers and in bed at home , I am back to being about 50% functional just without my left leg below the knee. Blood clots and 2 procedures t o remove

Folks, this version of covid is vicious and fast moving. Looking back I I can see a change for the worse in cognitive function - reasoning, short and long term memory and breathing problems from the hour I contracted it. At my lowest I could have probably have been considered insane.

Memory problems persist, breathing is pretty much ok , sense of taste is damaged sense of smell also damaged.

I'm posting this as a psa and I'm not going to comment on the vaccine. Covid IS still a thing.

. foot 002 copy.jpg

swiest152, bpro and SpeedyE like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Holy shit! Best wishes for a strong recovery. Can I ask how old you are and if you had any underlying health issues prior to contracting covid?

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I lost a close friend as well as a family member. Both African American, both with zero prior health problems, one 60 and one in his 40's, both vaxxed to the gills w boosters, both dead from heart failure this year.

I was essentially forced to get the first shot just so I can work. I had chest pains months after but at the time side effects were censored so I didn't put the two together.

I have not taken that shit again since the first time.

Rebel635, 418, cbush and 6 others like this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Man, hope you can still enjoy your life to the fullest possible.

I had covid twice....never jabbed....First time was kinda bad. Was getting a little concerned with the shortness of breath just walking 50 yds on flat ground to the mailbox and back and chest pains when taking a deep breath. Lost smell/taste on about day 3-4....Day 12-ish started to get some of it back while eating a chocolate donut on the way to the Red river gorge area for some offroading.

It was crazy not being able to smell anything but could breathe through my nose normally. Never had sinus congestion. Started coughing up white chunks of lungs or whatever toward the end of 10 days or so.

It just seems it affected otherwise healthy people differently. Genetics must be a factor as it is with a lot of things medical. Older people were definitely at risk...Hell, my elderly neighbors passed away from covid and i didn't even know it til the daughter was mowing one day and I asked how they were doing.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

my sympathies... I was in a wheelchair for ~9 months in 2022 & I just lost my toes. Blood clots, infection, prosthetics, and all the complications really sucked.
    Never thought Id be grateful to stumble to the bathroom every morning.
    Don't let a disability disable you! Keep a positive attitude.

6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

So sorry to hear/see this David. One just doesn't know how it'll affect them. Like gapman mentioned genetics, among other things.

I "think" I had it summer of '21, but never went to doctor to test for it. Symptoms were there, and thankfully nothing too bad for me, and luckily no post issues, even with me being T1 Diabetic. I've always been fortunate in not getting sick hardly ever. Active life I'm sure helped as well. No jab here neither.

Man, I wish you the absolute best. Keep your head up, stay positive brother!

Been quite a long time since I've seen you.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Sorry to hear Stephen. Good advice there to Mr. David, and for yourself as well!

Ever need an ear to fill, or questions....give me a call. :cool:

TurboBlew and David-imoddavid like this.
  8. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I had no idea covid was causing people to lose their limbs.

Hey bud, you're still here, do not waste a day.

My wife still cant smell 2 years later.

2.5 years later for me I still test + for antibodies

Amazing how different it is for each person.

9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Same, I got it in March of 2020 and still can’t smell. I also test for antibodies as of 6 months ago.

My aunt got a stroke 10 minutes after getting the jab in Jan of 2021, while still waiting in the room. That was reason enough to never get it.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Wow. I had no idea. Hope you can recover more fully. I'm back racing as a paraplegic so don't let your loss from stopping you. Check out tbexusa dot org

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This thread will no doubt get nuked but before it does I want to
    let you guys know that nicotine is a good defense against Covid.
    This is one instance where smoking can save you from some misery.
    The spike protein binds to nicotine receptors so taking in nicotine
    blocks it. Vape it or use nicotine gum or pills along with Ivermectin
    and Hydroxychloroquine to prevent catching Covid. Also vitamins D,
    C, and zinc to build up your immune system.
    In many third-world countries, Ivermectin is sold over the counter to
    treat parasitic worms so a large percentage of the population takes it
    on a regular basis and those countries saw very few Covid infections.
    Ivermectin is one of the safest medications out there contrary to what
    you may have heard. It was used on people long before it was used
    on animals and garnered its inventors a Nobel prize.
    If this information helps a few of you it's worth the ban.
    My sincerest sympathy to the OP, sounds like you went through hell.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Doesn't nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) bind to the same receptor as nicotine without all the crap that comes along with smoking? Asking as I don't know if they target the same receptor.
    https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/nmn-nad-nr-supplementation.383412/

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

@David-imoddavid thanks for sharing and best wishes for you and yours. Will you please share what they treated you with?

Im lost on the blood clots as that’s only come from vaccines and not covid itself as far as I’ve seen.

Thanks again for the PSA and the more we all know the better we will be…

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The problem is the spike protein, which promotes inflammation and blood coagulation/thrombosis, that's why Heparin (an anticoagulant) was a common treatment used.

Both COVID and the vaccine produce the spike protein.

418 likes this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thank you, this seems to be the root of all evil as the nau protein I think it was was blamed for the Alu build up in Alzheimer’s

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So how many of us have been using Ivermectin for years now?

Bugslayer likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not for years but my wife has taken it twice when she felt something and thought she might have covid when it was going around her work. She never got any sicker. Young guy that helps me out part time got covid twice, both times I gave him Ivermectin and he felt alot better within 12 hours. The stuff works, have a syringe full of of here now just in case.

18. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your story David. But thankfully you are here and a little silver lining is you have your knee on that side which will allow for more functionality for you.
    Still sucks! and I'm feel for you.

I lost my Aunt in Germany, one of my co-workers here in FL and had a very healthy, fit friend nearly get taken out by it by affecting his kidney and liver function.
    At the same time I was never stuck but beat it 2 times (confirmed), maybe 3 times and am grateful for it. It's no joke.

19. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

My GFs stepfather contracted COVID, he was vaccinated..for safety as he is 86.. He lost his leg above his right knee. However he also had severe issues w prior heart surgery, and veins in his leg . But getting sick w COVID didn't help him. He's now doing GREAT..ex marine tough lil guy!!
    Then his wife, 73 yrs old she had a massive stroke from blood clots from a surgery w high clot risk, she's been bedridden ever since, she caught COVID 2 xs in nursing homes and 1x at home. Same as w her husband .Can't say definitively if anything contributed to what happened to them both.
    They've each had a boat load of issues these past 2 yrs..But there also far older and weaker than you are ..so you got this.

COVID 2xs here..that I know of,for me just weird symptoms..w completely different symptoms about every 2-3 days.
    For sure there was mild shortness of breath, the fatigue did hit me reasonably harsh. Headache..
    I had spiking nerve pains in my arms and legs..just weird.....
    All in all I've been much sicker from Flus and other colds..
    I've had em all in my life, so when I experienced
    The wide range of symptoms from Covid sure didn't feel natural, not by anything I've ever experienced.

Vaccinated or non vaccinated everyone I know for the most part has caught it 2-3 times. Weakened people persevere, strong ones inexplicably had issues.
    So damned if you do, damned if you don't. ?

The stubborn tough old guy, went on a missionary trip, 1 month after his amputation!!
    He eventually got his prosthetic leg and he is all over the place now doing his thing! And he's a happy man too.

That part of your life is behind you leave it there.. look forward and move forward!!

Best wishes and words of encouragement.

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

It’s benefits for general health is great and just so happens helps the current issue too. I was sending it to friends in cities from rural farm stores when it was hard to get a couple years ago. Lots of my kin have been using it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.