1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering a 2021 RAM 350 with Cummins diesel

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Nov 28, 2022.

1. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

2023 Chevy 3500 Dually 8' bed High Country Duramax is $82,425. I just saw the pricing this morning as they had a price increase.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

These new truck prices are insane. Way out of my league, like hot women.

YamahaRick, tony 340, G2G and 2 others like this.
  3. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Truck prices have gotten expensive. I can’t bring myself to shop used with the price so high. Have been looking at new Superduty trucks but learned the order book closed before Thanksgiving. Can’t get excited about Ram after my 2015 Powerwagon had transmission problems at 45k miles and service was horrible at Denver area dealers.

What is the opinion on a new Chevy 2500HD with the Duramax and Allison 10 speed trans?

I almost talked myself into an F150 with 3.5 ecoboost but think I’ll regret that truck when towing in the mountains.

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I have a buddy who got a 22 powerstroke, club cab 4x4 platinum errythang 2 months ago and even with XPlan it was ~85k OTD.

Damn.

Got Damn.

Glad my 17 1500 silverado is paid off soon. No more car payments for me. I'll keep this silverado and buy beaters for fun for the rest of my life.

969, YamahaRick and ducnut like this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We service all makes and fleets.

Do not get a duramax for heavy work unless you want trouble; aluminum heads do not hold up. and the fuel pump issues.

The cummins is a solid package, even the trans is good unless you modify or drive it really hard. We see them with 2-300 K on them with no issues. The max, we have replaced many engines on fleets that trailer heavy.

The new ram is a solid truck.

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Ford just notified me this week that my '22 F350 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Platinum 160" WB 6.7 Power Stroke 10-Speed was finally getting shipped. Ordered the first week of Feb.
    It will easily be over $90k out of the door, with some dealer added options. Sucks that interest rates have increased like they have since Feb. I'll be moving some of my inventory to pay it off though.

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

These truck prices are nuts. My mother purchased a 3br/2bth home for $75k in 2001.

ducnut likes this.
  8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

[​IMG]

Phl218, 23103a, motion and 5 others like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Toyota/Lexus guys be like
    upload_2022-12-1_10-45-49.jpeg

969 and ducnut like this.
  10. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

This is my 2nd Duramax with the 10 speed Allison. I like it, not as abrupt shifts as the 6speed. You have to watch the tach to tell when it shifts most times.

It must have proven itself as the first year had the torque limited in the first couple of gears and then they allowed 100% throttle last year I think it was and now they are upping the torque and horsepower on the motor in the 24 model year truck with no changes to the transmission.

GM has two ten speeds out now so if you research them make sure you are reading about the Allison, the one on the gas motors has some issues.

11. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I currently own a 2013 RAM 2500 with a Cummins. I have a 2023 RAM 2500 6.4L on order and hope to take delivery this month or next. The truck has been for the most part great, with the exception of a few emissions related items and the turbo actuator. If I lived in an area where I could delete the emissions crap I would. I really don't need a diesel, but pulling the bumper-pull RV is great. Paying $6 a gallon for diesel for everyday driving is absolutely not.

For the amount of time I'm pulling the RV, which is probably less than 5% of the time, it is not worth it to me to pay a premium for diesel, plus DEF fluid! Another benefit is I will be able to buy gas anywhere. Not all stations carry diesel.

ducnut likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Cybertruck

13. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

I have a lot of experience with Deaver, Carli, DR/Icon, and Kelderman.
    Leaf springs with a good reputation (like Deaver has) aren't magic, they spec a good quality steel. Spend the money, don't complain. ICON, Carli have always been good. Suspension should be something you buy once, so buy the good stuff.

Get really good shocks no matter what, even on stock suspension. Both Fox and King have good valve stack recipes for normal trucks. If you are towing less than 20% of the mileage driven (like most people) get lower capacity springs, and make up the difference (+needed capacity) with helper bags. If it's an in bed camper 100% or a dedicated tow rig, have it weighed fully loaded and get that exact spring. But add bags anyway, you're gonna put too much crap back there eventually :p

Kelderman was more of a industrial, plate steel, grade 5 coarse thread bolt, thing (this was 10 years ago). We spec'd and installed many kits on many trucks and I never liked the low ground clearance of the brackets, single shear suspension links, ride quality.... They were so massively overbuilt, I wouldn't expect them to break, but it's obvious the guy that 'engineered' it, was a farmer:rolleyes: and nothing was ever tested for actual function.

The auto-leveling system was a simple manual valve, common to semi-trailers, that would react to the suspensions extension on load (like towing up a hill) and slowly let all the air out of the bags. Once you got to the top of the hill and let off the gas, the truck would slam to the bumps, until the air could catch up...o_O

They had (have?) a short trailing arm style set up (not 4-link) that's instant center was so far off (and blatantly obvious to even a half-wit like me) the trucks would fully bottom on the bump stops on acceleration, then absolutely extend to max on braking:eek: One of ours was for SEMA that had to be trailered because no one was willing to drive it. No thanks. Maybe they're completely different now? I don't care enough to look. I'm sure theres more elegant solutions for air ride.

ducnut likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Not so good for towing. You deplete the battery much quicker and can't pull the entire rig and trailer through a Tesla charging station.

Plus they have to build that ugly thing first.

15. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Why do the Dodge faithful need to clarify it has a CUMMINS DIESEL? Is there any other option? :dead:

When I see a "C" on the back window I can't help but to think...
    Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.01.35 AM.png

:Poke:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All the semis on the road disagree.

Circacee likes this.
  17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

And their Toyotas can't pull their owners heads out of their asses let alone a trailer.

turner38 likes this.
  18. Tristan

Triggered much?

BC likes this.
  19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I have an FJ so I can make fun of the Yota fools. :Poke:

20. Tristan

I have a tiny penis so I can make fun of the brodozer guys