1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Congrats to the AMA guys... Oh Wait.

Discussion in 'General' started by nikk777, May 13, 2013.

1. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

I love how this has morphed into an argument about the economics of buying a bike...

Does it really matter? I mean who the eff cares if some fellow racers buys a new bike or dumps a crap ton of money into their pit equipment...

There's a racer here on the west coast that has more money than he knows what to do with and has no issues showing up in his custom friggin bus!

why does anyone care?! it's not our pocket book... do the best you can with what you got and balance your own budget and don't worry what everyone else is buying.

just because they can buy it doesn't mean they know how to use it

Personally, I have managed to last in this sport for ten years because I budget accordingly and do what I can with what I have. If you make smart investments, you can go far on very little.

2. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Bullshit. A previous-year tax return should be submitted by every rider at registration to see if he/she can demonstrate enough financial hardship to be eligible to ride the last lap of the race. All high-income riders or those with trailers over 20 feet in length will be waved into the pits on the white flag lap. that's Change we can belive in.

3. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

And they shouldnt have to pull in. Hell back around 03 at the CCS races at Road America, your son was in a middleweight supersport race I was in (combined ex and am) along with another AMA racer. Was fun when they both came screaming by my yellow plated F2 on the front straight on their last lap. Just made me giggle to how fast they really are. :crackup:Didnt bother me one bit for AMA guys being there. Even if I was an expert then it wouldnt bother me.

4. :stupid: :up:

But we both know people will always find something negative to say.

It will be "nobody needs all of that, most cant outride the stock shit"...but then it will be "we need more money coming into the sport; people need to buy bikes and parts".....and then when they do, it will be "he only beat me because of his new bike and better parts".

No matter what, people will find something negative to say or to bitch about. The best thing is to just be like me and not give a damn. :D

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I might be down for this. The pits are where the rum is located, anyway.

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

dear god.

you people need a lesson in reading comprehension

no one cares how much you spend on racing or if you want to go out and buy a new bike and put $100 or $10000 or $100000 dollars into it to prep it

that was not the point whatsoever of my comments

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Well some were criticizing Joe for chasing contingency and how it didnt make sense etc. Then it went on to talk about how much money it costs to build a bike.... Joe explained how he was doing it in a sensible manner and then I added to his and Mongo's comment about cost of a build.

There will always be opposing sides but the simple fact is that you dont need a big budget to build a suitable bike. Lots of guys choose to throw a bunch of money at them because they actually enjoy it. Thats cool, I appreciate that. But its not necessary.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else remember the scene in "Rounders" where Matt Damon is talking about playing against Johnny Chan?

"The high rollers are all over there watching him. Some of them are sitting there playing. They're giving away their money to this guy, just so they can say, 'I played with a world champion.'"

Spoiler alert: Matt Damon sits down because he wants to know if he can play with the best, and eventually wins A hand.

9. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

Yall need to buy new bikes, prep them real nice, ride them for 2 years, then sell them to me for pennies on the dollar. That way, I can try to beet you on your old bike. :)

10. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

Agreed! Built 600s filling the wera classifieds for $3500 all day, errrrday!!!

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

This is why my 675R is for sale for $22k. You can't put together a new one for the same price...so that's what its worth.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It hasn't sold yet?

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I always thought it was only worth what someone is willing to pay :Poke:

:D

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Everybody knows that thing has some serious bugs!

15. caferace

caferace No.

:D

-jim

16. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Just for shits and giggles im going to ask several AMA Pro riders that I have seen pull off in (Club Races) in the past and why they do it. Ill report back.

Nobody in here seems to be able to give an explanation.

Yes, they will be Rich AMA Pro's. They are the only ones I know.
    Ill even ask a World Superbike Champion that has used Club races for something other than racing, because if he was racing he wouldnt have pulled off.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What?

18. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Thats just what Chip says.......:)

Ill still ask. Or is this against some law im not aware of?

19. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

No way dude... With the amount of R&D he has in that thing, it shouldn't have one bug! :D

20. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:crackup: