1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cold tire wrecks

Discussion in 'General' started by whitey21, Mar 4, 2009.

?

have you wrecked on cold tires

1. yes

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. no

24 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. whitey21

whitey21 umm...yeah.

with the modern marvel of tire warmers i still hear of people wrecking because of having cold tires. now i have been guilty of getting in a hurry and forgettin to put the warmers on early enough but i try to warm them up on the tracks. so i was wondering who all has wrecked on cold tires?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Trackday in Nashville back in 2004 I think, a buddy mine, who shall not be named, crashed on the second lap of warm-up. He was second or third in-line behind the control rider, and decided he wanted to drag knee through a corner after one SLOWWWW lap. No he did not have tire warmers at the time. Highsided in front of everybody.

He has not lived this down... :)

3. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

but i have wrecked in the first turn in rain... oops

4. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

First race weekend of my life. Couldn't afford $200 for warmers. 3rd turn (first left) I tucked the front, doing $450 in damage... +$200 in tire warmers... First lesson in racing.

5. SMonk

SMonk Twisted Moto Racing

I crashed on Pit out in Talladega. In practice...:up:
    Outside temp was low, I think is was low 30's..

I can't believe that I ripped the shoulder up on that pretty Orange P-Novice Wera shirt.:D