1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cold plunges

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

The public spa in my hometown in germany has like 14 different saunas, steam bath, 3 indoor and outdoor pools and one very cold one. Oh and also the walky thingy, to wade through ice cold water. Entry is like 14 bucks

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I am seriously considering a more advanced setup with a chiller. Cold plunging has done wonders for me as a post-workout and injury recovery tool.

3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Where and when?

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Is that the one in Stuttgart?

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You could have sex with a Puerto Rican woman for the same effect and have homemade empanadas after. :bow:

Also...

This is all some crazy white people shit. :rolleyes:

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Pfft. Spoken from the whitest guy here.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

no, the ones in Stuttgart are great as well, the one i mean is 20 min west of it - Böblingen:
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...me_Boblingen-Boblingen_Baden_Wurttemberg.html
    [​IMG]

funny story, before it went all super popular and the outdoor expansion, i was 16 or 17 - we used to climb the wall facing the main road on weekend nights after they closed at 10 or midnight, for a splash. well, one night, the cops came, let air out of our (bicycle) tires and got us all written up. oh, and we didn't have towels or bathing clothing, just smokables and beverages... one kids lawyer dad got us off the record.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

if i ever make it to montana, i bring schnaps (or moonshine), 10 bags of ice and a tub.

Boman Forklift, motion and YamahaRick like this.
  9. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Back in college I remember staying at a camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan on Lake Huron. We would heat up in the sauna and then run through the snow and jump in the bay. There were still big chunks of ice in the water. It was awesome!

beac83, tony 340 and Phl218 like this.
  10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Shit. My pool is 84 and it catches my breath when I get in.

Y'all mofos is Loco.

SuddenBraking and Steeltoe like this.
  11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You could still get it, it would just be in a gulag.

motion likes this.
  12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

References to the Caucasus are unusually high for a beeb thread.

Phl218 and Steeltoe like this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's an approximate sign "~" not a negative "-" sign.

R Acree likes this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ehhh......cold shower is enough for me :D

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Was planning a hot tub installation at the new digs but a few months ago swapped to a dry sauna and cold plunge tub with chiller/filter.

The wife is as skeptical as one can be, bordering on ridicule.

beac83 and Phl218 like this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, sauna is next for me (in the winter). as of now, i am going with southeastern summer for the heating portion.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

In some cases yes. In many, no. It takes a lot of proportional ice (and mixing) to get the equilibrium water to 32. Is this a good time to restart the “pro” ice discussion? F06259E0-8333-4662-BE92-E3763E156813.jpeg

Phl218 likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm sorry. I simply don't care enough to argue equilibrium or whatever law of physics comes into play here. It be cold.

The hollow ice does have more surface area, but the voids also reduce the amount of beverage required to fill the cup allowing the vendor to sell you air.

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I've been up there in May and still seen icebergs floating down Lake Superior.

No nipples leave Lake Superior less than the hardness of glass.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have no desire to go anywhere I might see an iceberg.

auminer likes this.