Climate cooling

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

6 dog night around these parts right now.

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I find it interesting when liberals I know parrot the phrase, "the science is SETTLED!". When did you every hear any credible scientist ever say the science was settled on anything? If you know anything about physiology or even nutrition, you know how much that has flip flopped in just the last decade. You could start listing the items that we had one thought on at one time and have then moved from that initial thought and you would never end the list.

But, let's take that one more step. If the science is truly settled, as the left wants to stand on, that means we can then cut off all funding immediately for any of their research. Why bother any more? It's settled. There is not one more thing to learn regarding the climate. Ever. Again. It's "settled". When I told one liberal that, they did the classic cartoon response of "um....er.......ah..........". Loved it. Small victories can be fun.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing new there overall, especially in schools. Scientists have always had to play up to someones preconceived notions be they private or public for funding for their work. Used to be at places like Tech you were able to just do pure objective science and still get the support from the school. Sadly that doesn't seem to be true now.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

So she is retiring and cashing out as she even admits. Yet to somehow make her feel better she claims nobody wants to listen to her and she knows all truth.

That is what is wrong with Universities right now - shitty attention whore professors.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: That's definitely one way to look at it...

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Its a bit early in the day to be this drunk, isn't it?

9. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

brex, did ped steal your log in?

R Acree likes this.
  10. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

She is just finally realizing the Revolution always eats its young.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Now you're talking. I understand why Dern likes you. :beer:

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don't assume I get to be the other person... :(

Orvis likes this.
  13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think he needs a therapy dog and some coloring books. :D

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Can you even imagine how epic the next 8 years is going to be, and just wait until the Dems lose more Senate seats in the mid terms. There's a whole damn generation that is going to have PTSD. :crackup:

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't be mean to some poor dog by suggesting that.

18. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Yes,, we have global warming,, and we have global cooling.. It's cyclical.

I've asked didn't we have ice ages in the past.. They say yes..
    What caused it, what could we have done to stop it.. Once it was here, what could we have done to reverse it.
    Either way, the nut's on either side seem to repeat adam and eve's bit.. They want to be god..

We can NOT effect enough change in either case..
    Put another way,, if it's global cooling, just what would we need to do to stop the cooling. Or if global warming, what would need to be done.
    The later group says it's to late but if we start living in the dark, have NO car's or motorcycle's we can limit the damage.
    Funny thing is, just watched a mock u mentory. (they presented it as fact)
    IN 1.5 billion years, the sun will expand and engulf the earth. Get ready.

19. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Even more important: none of the nutjobs saying we need to go back to the dark ages are leading by example. They are flying around the world in private jets telling other people how to live.

crashman likes this.
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Of course they are. They believe themselves to be the "more equal" animals.