Classic TT / Manx Grand Prix

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GoldStarRon, Feb 1, 2014.

1. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

Hi All.. just a short word... for those wanting to go this year.. speak up pretty quick.. contact either Dave Crussell of myself. I believe there is still room in the container. Last year we got FREE shipping, not yet sure about this year. And for those thinking about next year.. time to start planning NOW.. and of course I suggest a pre-visit this year to learn the ropes, etc. There is a LOT of help for the newbies out there.. just holler..!!

The container ships in June... so time is flying by...

Ron

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Ron -

You have a PM.

Cheers,

Dave

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Wait, going as a fan, or going to race?

4. GoldStarRon

Going to race. However I do suggest a potential racer go to spectate the year before racing, if possible. There is a LOT to learn, much more than just going to a new track.

Ron

5. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

PM'ed also, Ron

6. GoldStarRon

OK, hope I answered you guys OK. FYI, looks like the IOM folks have moved up the entry to the end of March.. geeesh.. it used to be June. The good news, is that everyone will know about being accepted before shipping a bike. Hope we get the numbers as well. I like to put on the numbers in advance, one less job to do there.

Still time left, but anyone with that burning desire, holler quick..! We have to apply for IOM "sponsorship" for the free shipping. The more bikes the better the chance we get approved. Plus if we do not get the free shipping, the cost is by container, not by how many bikes are inside, so that reduces the cost per person a bunch..!

A few of us are going, no matter what.. but the more the merrier..!

Ron

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hrmm, anyone looking for a gopher for this year, and anyone got ballpark budget costs for attending as crew?

8. ScottieDucati

ScottieDucati Hopeless Never-was.

If you will be going for 2015, please let me know. Planning to go then, this year is far too soon for me to make it happen.

9. GoldStarRon

I may need a helper.. not much required, mostly help getting the bike through Scruitineering.. hard to push the bike and hold the stand. Good part about the big singles, no pit stop required. I do know that guys often need pit stop help. However, even if no help is needed, our tent is open and all are welcome...

Ron - The IOM races are the most fun you can have with your clothes on..!

10. GoldStarRon

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  11. GoldStarRon

March is here... less than a month for Classic entries.. tick tock as they say...

Ron

12. speed doctor

speed doctor New Member

Sent you a pm. Thanks

13. GoldStarRon

Sorry, I did not notice I had messages... ooops.. replied... if the reply did not go through... tag me again please...

Ron