Chipmunks and squirrels

Discussion in 'General' started by casjoker, Jun 22, 2016.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Kill or no kill? I think one of the vermin are getting into the house, I think I heard shit moving in the walls last night. Chipmunks are digging holes all around the foundation. Disney did a number on me, little Chippers and his family are to cute running too and fro. F@cking tree rats are getting the lead but hesitate about Chippers not sure how much damage they maybe doing. I know what squirrels can do. Leaning towards blasting everything live trapping Chippers and his family seem a little unrealistic.

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I liked squirrels until they started chewing on my trailer and eating the running boards on my truck. Now I have a nice pellet gun and no squirrels .:D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Cats and an air rifle.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sounds like a target rich environment.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Both are scum of the earth. I let my pup keep our yard clear. She does deer and birds too.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i have apartment buildings in a historic area of Tampa. squirrels can straight fuck stuff up.. bait is about the only thing ya can use in my case, and ya just hope they die OUTSide of the walls/ceiling. Or ya get a phone call or email about 'a funny smell'

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I have a mole problem in my yard. Everything I've tried hasn't worked. Next thing I'm trying is castor oil , dawn dish detergent and water. Internet says that works.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Bird dog. FIL's Brittany Spaniel makes short work of them. He gets them while their digging. Fun to watch too.

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

What a slut.:D

ToofPic, cpettit and Razr like this.
  10. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Ever try peanut butter on a rat trap for squirrels? Works pretty good and don't have to worry about them crawling off and stinking the place up.

B. Myers and Phl218 like this.
  11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I have a Boston terrier, he sniffs the ground and seems to be tracking them but that's it. Gasoline and a match is next after the oil

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You need Dave K.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Weren't squirrels Buckwild's best friends?

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

works for rats and mice.. not sure about squirrels. could try that though. once i got heavy screen on all the vent holes of the flat roofs, and crawl spaces, it wasn't near as much trouble.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is he gonna go down in the mole tunnel and run them out?

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. casjoker

I tried the PB on mice and rat traps but no luck with the squirrels or Chipper. I have a bunch of that Tomcat bait shit out but I think it's crack for the Chippers. I know they ate some but now there seems to be more of them! I may be getting a dog in a few months but for now it maybe a .22 and some fun.

17. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

And a bitch too!

18. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Less acid maybe?

B. Myers likes this.
  19. casjoker

:crackup:I did have 5 beers last night and a 1/2 bag of Doritos. I was watching the God Father Epic!

Shenanigans likes this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fixed.