1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China: 30 story hotel built in 15 days

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by In Your Corner, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Except it wasn't.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Pekin Duck Season....

3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Trolling, really? Oh great RCJohn, the world's problems can't be solved in 5 word answers, like "wake the fuck up". So as someone who is wide awake, please tell me and the rest of the Beeb braintrust what you mean by "wake the fuck up".

Because I'm wide awake, and awake enough to know that for me to not have to pay $5 for a roll of toilet paper it's going to have to be made in China, along with most everything else we Americans buy.

"Wake the fuck up" isn't a solution to anything. But I will hand it to you, it does make you sound like you know something, espcecially those that can't handle more than 5 words at a time.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That's right, it wasn't a skeleton.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Nah just means what Mongo and I were talking about. We need to pay attention.

6. Venom51

Is that the word that bothers you?

Here let me fix it for you before you have to take a handful of blood pressure meds.

Erecting the pieces of a prefabricated building, that took 2 years to build, in 15 days is not that big of an accomplishment.

Does keep the simpletons entertained though.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Please read my first post.

Read all the words and see if you can possibly comprehend that I agreed with everything you said EXCEPT the skeleton and the 'months to finish it out' parts.

8. Venom51

Look..if you are not going to argue with me this isn't going to be nearly as fun.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You're ugly and your spawn smells of Dave K!

10. Venom51

Son of a....

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

i've seen their "workmanship" in buildings when i visited my mom in Teijing, a city in the Tangu province thats designed as TEDA (Teijing Economic District Area). All new buildings, streets, etc etc, all less than 5 years old and FALLING APART!!

They live by the "20 foot rule". As in, good from 20 feet away.

Concrete crumbling and cracking, steel rusting away due to bad protection etc etc.

ya, quantity over quality :rolleyes:

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

14. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

"Central planning is essentially insane" The Austrian Economists predicted the eventual crackup of the Soviet Union in the 1940s. Everybody thought they were kooks.
    China has not escaped this problem.

15. 418

418 Expert #59

The punch list on that bitch has to be a mile long...

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Gee, who is it that we're borrowing money from to keep our economy running? It couldn't be those fuck-ups in China, could it?
    How many years have we been building a replacement for the World Trade Center?
    Go ahead and laugh at them all you want, they're eating our lunch now, and will be telling us what's what in the near future. The plight of their people means nothing in the big picture. Life is cheap there. Don't judge their potential by our societal standards.

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

That one thats on TV quite a bit was about a year or two old when it collapsed without warning.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got anything that makes sense? Yeah didn't think so.

We're borrowing money from them - so what?

Replacement for the WTC won't fall down and isn't a 30 story apartment block.

They're not eating anyones lunch. They're not going to be telling anyone what to do.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

:D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah. The Peoples Leaders will simply declare the building perfect and the occupants defective.

Prefab is great, if you get it right. If you mess up, you have a punch list with the same items written hundreds of times.:D