CB350 cold start question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Parr, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Parr

Parr Well-Known Member

Quick question on cold starting a CB350 with Mikuni round slides. The carbs have an enrichener (not a choke) with a seperate jet and require closed throttle for vaccum - so the literature I can find say not to apply throttle when the enrichener is applied.

When I try to start this thing for the first time (on rollers) do I use enricheners with no throttle, no enrichment with a couple of pre-starting squirts from the throttle or some mystical combination?

Thanks

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Michael, I can't speak to your set up, but it sounds like our stuff is much the same...The drill presumably with mine is to not touch the enrichners, just bump the thing in second gear. First start in the morning sounds like it can be rather involved but presumably after that she fires up just fine...

As far as "squirts" go from the throttle, if you have an accelerator pump set up of some sort disregard everything I'm going on about....I have no accelerator pump set up on mine...

3. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

My V1 CB350 with Mikunis and fixed advance PVL started 1st or 2nd kick [!] with both enricheners on, later just one side on, and finally didn't even bother with them:up: