1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carrozzeria wheels? yes?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by atomic410, Jan 20, 2011.

1. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

2. 303 Cycle

303 Cycle Well-Known Member

I would not put them on a big wheel, much less my bike. Inferior product when compared to Marchesini, BST, Marvic.

Spacing problems, bearing problems have plaqued them and a number of dealers have "dropped" them as the quailty is about as good as keebler cookies.

3. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I hear Durranis are pretty sweet:up:

4. 303 Cycle

303 Cycle Well-Known Member

But you have to use Nitrogen in your tires don't you? You know, to keep that shit spinin'

5. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

100% agree.....spend the extra money. I personally went through the issues above, for MONTHS before a resolve...which ended up me getting my money back fromt he vendor, who had to go after them. Said vendor (Motomummy) just applied my credit towards some Marchesini's, and I sent him the difference, had them at my work 3 days later :up:

They may, or may not have fixed the issue, but they'll always get a bad rep from me, and many others

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I am on the other end

have been running them since 07 on a r6....no issues. about 15k miles on it. 1/4 of it on track.

pretty light wheels. but not as light as the bst wheels on my 10r....but i am always scared to take my 10r on anything but the smoothest of streets/tracks.

7. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

Fucker, I just had to run to walmart to get some. :moon:

8. atomic410

the quailty is about as good as keebler cookies.[/QUOTE]

this is conflicting since i really dig fudge sticks and those fudge stripe ones.

9. pickpocket293

pickpocket293 [witty comment]

This is the first negative feedback I've ever heard about Carrozzeria.. Prior to 10 minutes ago I'd have bought a set for sure.

10. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

I've been running a set on a big heavy zx12r street bike on crappy Michigan roads for about four years now. About 20,000 road miles. Also I have set for an 06 gsxr track bike.

The bearing issues seem to have been resolved quite some time ago. Unfortunately people don't read the product information and over torque the axle nuts during installation which crushes the bearings.

I bought mine dirrectly from Carrozzeria instead of through a distributor. The customer service has been fine. Also they are made in the USA so that should count for something. :D

11. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I've got a set with thousands of miles track, street, & back to track on three different bikes with zero issues.

12. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

sold tons of them. not many issues. Have had some spacer issues on the GSXR (solved now), then their was the SHITTY powder coating (they no longer do, it was the vendor/sub fault anyways) honestly for the money really hard to beat IMO.

Sold 2 more sets today in fact. I wont sell something if i cant stand behind it, it will always bite ya in the long run and the CZ are nice wheels for the money...thou im more an old school marvic mag wheel guy ;)

13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Or maybe spacers are so far out of whack that you destroy bearings when tightening axle. I had to remake all spacers on every carrozzeria wheel I had in my hands. Their cush drives are worst I have seen.
    To bad because rim itself is not that bad and pretty light for aluminum.
    And don't buy their front rotors, they flex so much they will vibrate like crazy when braking, at least set I dealt with last year. Never seen anything like it.

14. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

they did have spacer issues, but as far as i know thats been dealt with.

15. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

i have a set for 3 years now, track, street used and i have no issues with it.

16. atomic410

i spoke with my dearlership that sponsors me and the guys who race that work there and they said that they had heard of problems years ago with spacers, bearings but they said they've ridden them on both roadracers, street, and sumo's and had no problems amungst them. I have a 996 front end so i was hoping to find a used magnesium marvic but its not been as easy as i thought it would be. i might get a set of these if nothing surfaces. i hope for my application i can use my stock ducati rotors on the front. i'd care less about the rear, i understand that some of them require kawi parts.

17. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

We did a group buy on another forum I'm on years ago. Lots of problems with spacers, wrong bearing, cush drives falling apart, supposedly clear anodized wheels being bare aluminum. It was a friggen' nightmare.

The one that were right were fine, but a lot of them were wrong. This was years ago and they've supposedly got their shit together better now, but it would seem they're still paying for old mistakes.

All that said, I had a set on my street bike back in '06. That bike was totalled but a friend bought the wheels and is still running them without issue as far as I know.

18. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

You can find just as many threads with complaints about Marchesini's quality and bad customer service so weigh your options and role the dice with whatever brand you want to buy.

Personally I would not hesitate to buy Carrozzeria's again. Also I will always make a large purchase like this directly through the manufacturer and never through a vendor. :up:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  19. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

I've got both Carrozzeria's & Marchesini's both currently are good wheels, both have had issues in the past. Personally I'd get which ever set you can get the best deal on.

20. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

Why is that?