Carolina Crash Fest

Discussion in 'General' started by wera122, Apr 17, 2000.

1. wera122

wera122 Guest

Anybody who didn't crash at CMP this weekend raise your hand.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? [​IMG]

2. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

Nothing like a few decreasing radius corners to get the side covers rashed...

3. WERA

WERA Administrator

Pretty cool though - worst injury was a sprained ankle and that was on Sunday in the dry (Pat Chandler highsided his 125...). Ambulance only rolled once, gott love a good weekend!

4. fastiger

fastiger Well-Known Member

I here the crickets chirping. Must not be too many that kept it rubber side down all weekend.

I would like to thank an unmentioned gentleman for taking out my front tire in Mulligans on lap 13 of the MW novice solo 20. I know it's part of racing, but a little sportsmanship by stopping by my pit after the race to see if I was alright and say he made a bad pass would have shown some class. That pass easily could have taken him out too. No reason for that when your leading and lapping the field back to forth place.

All of us that were there need to thank the corner workers this weekend for doing a great job. We worked them pretty hard. That was my first race weekend and my first crash. Seeing them running across the track to give you a hand after a tumble is a huge relief. I'd personally like to thank the crew in Mulligan's Corner for getting me and my bike out of harms way and then pushing my bike back to the pit after the race.

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Not much crashing going on at the house!!!

6. BuckyLeague

BuckyLeague Active Member

Yeah, sounds like a weekend worth missing. 7 of 12 crashed out of the middleweight novice solo 20???? Is that some kind of new record Sean? Oh yeah...anybody wanna buy a 750???

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

It was a rain thing on Saturday, the track started drying in the middle of the MW Solo and anyone on rains was SOL because the track dried... Not a fun time to be a Novice.

Overall there really weren't that many crashes, Sunday was pretty uneventful but for two incidents. Saturday's ever changing conditions did bite some people [​IMG]

8. fastiger

Wait a minute. I love the rain. I should clarify that. I like the wet on DOTs. I love the wet on full rains.

Huge thanks to Bucky League!! He let me take his old rains down to Carolina to give em a try (SOLD!!). What can I say it was wet and I was as high as fourth. I need to thank him about the braking markers and trial braking advice with rains too.

9. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I had two close calls on Sunday, Sat. I found out how good pilots are in the wet ....
    not that great, but I learned a lot. Guess I should have kept the rains on.

10. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

My second race weekend as a novice! what fun! We took so long setting up camp we didn't tech till sunday AM, and the track was dry and the sun did shine!
    This time I was never lapped more than once in any race and drug my knees for the first 12 or so times!
    I've been so happy my wife thinks I got lucky this weekend. (well, I kinda did) so I better go to work and mellow out a little. [​IMG]

11. lathe dog

lathe dog Well-Known Member

vir was the same way this weekend! learn the track in the rain then race on sunday in the dry! ya'll gotta' go race vir! VERY cool track! watch out for the gator teeth!

12. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

In also crashed on friday and also spraind my ankle I backed out of the middle solo 20 and glad I did. this is only my second weekend on a 600. also and my shifter fell off in c super bike. and did good in formula 1
    over all it was a good weekend
    THANKS TO WERA AND ALL THE CORNER WORKERS
    THANKS

13. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

i lowslided(sic) in t#11 fri. practice. (no sat race)first time on cmp. really love that track.
    faired well sunday c,b, prod..c sbk

about the shifter? as i sat staring at my bike prior to c sbk, i noticed the shoulder bolt connecting the shifter to my cfm rearsets had backed out by about 1/3. :confused : it teched out fine sunday morn.

i mentioned also to pete holmes #771 pitted next to me if he'd noticed the dodge sedan whatever with NY plates and the 2 dudes inside? call me suspicious, but they were down my way pretty often. i made sure i locked up the truck anyhow when i was away.

lets see...lack of crack?, lack of nooky? lack of sleep? paranoid? ......gremlins!!!!

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

I would have to disagree on both counts. I was on rains and managed to search out a wet line, save the tires and finish 4th. I am also a novice and had the most fun all year at CMP, even after my Saturday practice crash in turn 1. [​IMG]

But I know what you're trying to say, I just have to disagree. After all, I get paid extra to! [​IMG]

15. wera122

wera122 Guest

I know who it was and I'm going to tell everyone what you said in the pits about him! [​IMG]

16. fastiger

I'm safe. Not much of what I said could be put on the BBS without Sean sensoring it. I think everyone at the track heard me voicing my displeasure anyway. I set the track record for number of expletives vocalized in a 5minute period.

I couldn't remember if Sean's $50 fine for the one finger salute was applicable to crashed riders as well as those still making laps so I did refrain from that.

17. WERA

WERA Administrator

We do take mitigating circumstances into account when assessing penalties [​IMG]

My vote would be to talk to said rider (who's number I am guessing to be LXXI but I could be wrong) about it the next time you see him. He may be clueless as to the entire situation. A lot of times (especially in the Novce ranks) fast guys with little experience do dumb things and misjudge their passing skills yet never have any clue they were involved in another rider crashing. In this case said rider crashing himself may have kept his mind on things other than apologizing as well but who knows...

I totally understand the expletives (and have probably outdone you myself in quantity at the track) but once the adrenaline and emotions have calmed down it is always better to talk it over with the other rider rather than have a festering dislike that may affect you at a later time on the racetrack.

18. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

No. Not Paranoid. I also noticed (i believe) the same car/occupants....driving (very!) slowly up and down the paddock looking at every one's pit - they came by me numerous times. Made me a little nervous. I tried to keep stuff out of sight - especially since I was there by myself. Hate to be suspicious about anyone - and you never know who's just a competitor that likes going for a slow ride [​IMG]
    Sean, should we be reporting suspicious activity like this? Who to..??

Charlie McCullough Ex #90

19. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

charlieM#90.....right y'ar.....cruisin' up and down lookin' a bit sinister, they were. i've have never given it a thought about securing my pit, but these two have changed my thinking. probably why cmp, roebling is non- spectator events. these two were definetly not there to compete. [​IMG]

20. lathe dog

lathe dog Well-Known Member

what a drag!!