1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping World

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeSignalRT, May 10, 2018.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Is everyone that works for this place a D-Bag. I've been to 3 looking at Class C motorhomes and haven't had a good experience yet. If I hear "what do you want your payment to be" when I ask for a price one more time I may snap.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So what do you want your payment at?

pefrey, aaronson, j cal and 5 others like this.
  3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Welcome to consumerism in the 21stbcentury
    I’d just tell them I want 1payment

panthercity and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I told the first guy I didn't want a loan I just wanted a price. Its like they don't hear what I'm saying. I honestly don't know how they stay in business unless their whole deal is working with people that have a 450 credit score and want to finance for 20 years.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

There is no money to be made if they sell one outright..I had the same experience at a motorcycle shop in Marietta a few years ago.

I got so pissed, I bought a used bike for half the $$ and have been twice as happy.

joec, dickie doo and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah....payment only mentality is most of the sheeple are.

What brands/models you looking at? Overall there is a slowdown in RV right now. Some manufacturers are laying plant people off and mothballing capacity, some of which htey started up not 3-4 months ago (think company whos name is very similar to an Avenger...).
    Others are just taking more time off around the holidays (ie 2 weeks for the 4th of July instead of 1 week, extra days at memorial day, etc). Units are starting to pile up on lots..

So I would be ruthless in negotiating with the dealer if your buying new. Start at a ridiculously low price and be ready to walk. in fact just plan to walk anyway.

Once you find the unit specs you want look for other dealers holding that unit and see if they will take it 2xidb just to move a unit and not sit on it.

Good luck and happy effing with sales guys

Chris, Phl218 and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yup. The margins are garbage until you handle the financing and start repairing the thing every 15 minutes for the rest of its life.

panthercity, Phl218 and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  8. ow01

ow01 Well-Known Member

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Looking at Jayco Greyhawks, 31FS. Found a few used. I'd rather buy a year or 2 old to keep from getting my ass handed to be in depreciation. I appreciate the sound advice. I may start looking at new a little harder.

panthercity likes this.
  10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

yes

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I hate buying stuff....

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

yes

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I had a manager from there try and buy a truck from us a while back and it was the same thing. Total d bag. I don't know how they recruit them so well.

G2G and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So far I've not had an impressive experience... and like you when I say I'm financing through MY bank it gets ignored or "could we at least try our financing options?" No, no we cannot.

2nd fail, I describe exactly what I'm looking for, Class C with garage in back. "How about this Class B I can't unload? How about this gigantic Class A? What about that 40 foot gooseneck trailer you could hide your little SUV in?"

15. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

100% my experience. I visited several times with my class C once to get a propane re-fill after being ignored then them paging some idiot repeatedly I just left. Another time I needed a replacement marker light lens, again I am not sure that anyone that works there knows their ass from a hole in the ground. Total WASTE of time, I will never visit one of their facilities again. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time...

16. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Find a local/semi-locally owned dealership. At best marginal experiences with Camping World.

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Had a Ford saleman just keep asking me that when I was looking at some used 4x4s'. Just kept telling him I'm looking. After the 5th time, I told him I already have pre-approval from MY bank, I know how much I want to spend max and how much payments will be already. He walked away. 5 min later another salesman came up to me. She didn't ask that fucking stupid question.

Think next time one asks me that, I'm gonna say $1500/month just to see how fast they kiss my ass.

noles19, Marid2apterbilt and Phl218 like this.
  18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I went with my parents to one in Georgetown Ky this winter. All the salesman were at the RV show, so we worked with a guy who was normally in the back. He was great to deal with.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I would not give camping world a dime of my money. Just on principle. Total douche bags does not even begin to describe this outfit. Look for the mom n pop place and spend your money there.

ToddClark and XFBO like this.
  20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Join some RV forums and you will soon discover that Camping World is the laughing stock of the entire RV industry. Generally speaking.....higher prices than most places that sell RVs, very incompetent in both the sales AND more importantly, the service side. They are kind of the "Yugo" dealer of the car industry in my opinion.

panthercity likes this.