1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping at the track

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Cody W., Feb 22, 2011.

1. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

aside from all your race gear/bike gear and sleeping gear. what are the essentials...i know to sleep with my trailer lock on with the door open so i dont get locked in.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

at least 5 gal fresh water (ill have with me)

3. smgosnel

smgosnel Active Member

A light or lights.. fans if you do not already pack them to keep air circulating if its hot. If its cold a small space heater... ear plugs makes sleeping easier for me cut out some noise.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

If it's your first time camping with the gang at the track, bringing one of these is a sure fire way to break the ice and meet people.

[​IMG]

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

you heard the man cody. its your duty. :D

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

personally, i think an air-mattress is essential. My mornings are much better when I don't forget that...

lawn-chair is always a good idea for socializing or spectating. A small folding table is hugely helpful too. Just having a place (other than the ground) to set your helmet, drink, etc. is really convenient. Sun tan lotion is a big one I forgot early on. you CAN get burnt on your hands and face in full leathers!

7. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

huh?

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Depending on the track, a pitbike or even a bicycle is a big plus. Canapy is always handy. RD400s idea is an excellent one:up:

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

your hands and face are still exposed between races and practice sessions. I've come home from a weekend at the track with a beet red face and hands. The rest of my body was covered.

10. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

An old microwave and TV dinners are a great way to save on eating out while camping at the track.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Tent,
    Tarp or two..
    Mattress,
    Pillow < I always forget that one..
    Propane,
    Burner,
    Cooking stuff,
    Coffee Maker,
    and a Big Table

In the winter a good Heater or even better a Fire Pit where they allow them.. Jennings/Tally only in the South..

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Forgot the Astroturf...

13. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

unfortunately i dont drink...but juice box's are on me...:beer:

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

maybe a broom, some flooring or rv matt (for grassy pits)
    something sturdy to hang your suit/gear on

15. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

about the beer... what's the rules on having it at the track/do any of you hang out and drink a beer or two at the track. ill be at indi this summer and will be camping there, thought it would be cool to bbq and a case of beer, hang out and get to know everyone better. I think that weekend would be awesome!

16. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

no drinking allowed until end of the day. If caught with open container before then, it will be taken and you may be asked to leave. :tut:

17. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

no no no definitely not during the day I ment after ALL racing and events are over. when everyone is done for the day and hanging out. never camped at the track so not sure how it works. I mean everyone doesn't just go straight to bed after racing is over do they? what after racing things go on during the weekend?

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Class A RV. 43 inch plasma TV. Big BBQ grill.

19. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

don't forget the wings. :up:

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Kinda like a family BBQ after the races. Campfire, stories, pitbike races!!!