1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C8 Corvette Reveal

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Jul 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I think you misspelled unions. When Toyota opened the plant here to build the Tundra, non, union, people lost their shit because STARTING wage for somebody off the street with zero skills was $22/hr. Seems pretty good to me for what they do, granted I’ve never worked an assembly line and I’m sure there are some highly skilled people but for Joe Blow to walk in and bitch about $22/hr...c’mon man!

I think it looks awesome and the more I see it the more I like it. I’m thinking wait until the initial circle jerk is over then pick up a Grand Sport when they come back down to sticker. There will be plenty of options to take it to eleventy billion hp if you want.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Some people want this to fail so bad it doesn't matter what GM does.

gixxerboy55, 418, brex and 1 other person like this.
  3. In fairness, that is a valid point. I’ve never owned a Ford or Dodge, and it is very likely that the problems I had with GMs could have been even worse in one of those.

I didn’t have any problems with electronics, or body panels falling off, nothing like that. I just kept blowing up engines and transmissions.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well..then the problem likely lies between the seat and the steering wheel or in this case sits there.

noles19 and turner38 like this.
  5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

How big was that trailer again?:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, I think there was some user error involved. How many Escalades are pulling huge trailers down the highway at full throttle?

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup: I'm aghast !! :crackup:

8. If they didn’t want it revving at 5k, or it couldn’t handle being ran at 5k, then they should have put a red limiter on it.

If I have the ability to make the truck do it, then the truck should be able to take it.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :moon:

9. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Talk about your durability test.

10. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Just remember, whatever you have is great and whatever your buddy or someone else has is a piece of junk.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You couldn’t handle a straight steering column!

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

They can and do rev to 5k all day long. Just doesn't last as many days as one doing it at 3k.

13. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I've only heard one other person in my life who called it that, and she would likely fall for the "blinker fluid" prank every day of the week.

Praying it was a typo.....

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You must be new here. :D

15. NemesisR6

Not new, but if Livengood has been trolling Broome with this for years it would be epic......

Gorilla George and turner38 like this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Not knowing the “red limiter” sure doesn’t bode well for that claim. Jus sayin. :Poke:

Gorilla George, BigBird and NemesisR6 like this.
  17. NemesisR6

Haha, fair enough......sounds like another gixxer moment that I must have missed the boat on.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

like 5 years worth of boats

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Surely you know what color the best power band is?