Bush loves all you vets!!!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by EMathy, Jun 4, 2003.

1. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

I wasn't "dissing" Clinton, I was quoting him.

2. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

But now that you mention it......

"I've said I've never broken the drug laws of my country, and that is the absolute truth."
    --Bill Clinton, New Orleans Times Picayune, 4/24/92

Q.- "If you had it to do over again, would you inhale?"
    A.- "Sure, if I could... I tried before!"

--Bill Clinton, MTV "Choose or Lose" Special, 6/16/92

" Every time Bush talks about trust it makes chills run up and down my spine. The way he has trampled on the truth is a travesty of the American political system."

-- Presidential candidate Bill Clinton, describing his opponent (Federal News Service, 10/28/92)

"There's just no such thing as truth when it comes to him. He just says whatever sounds good and worries about it after the election."

Presidential candidate Bill Clinton describing his opponent, George Bush (Quoted in the American Spectator, 10/28/92)

"The road to tyranny, we must remember, begins with the destruction of the truth."

--Bill Clinton, from a speech at the University of Connecticut, Oct 15, 1997.

"You can't say you love your country and hate your government."

-- Bill Clinton, 1995 (After the OKC bombing)

"A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military."

- - Bill Clinton, 1969 (Letter to the National Guard)

"The other thing we have to do is to take seriously the role in this problem of...older men who prey on underage women...There are consequences to decisions and...one way or the other, people always wind up being held accountable."

--Bill Clinton, June 13, 1996, in a speech endorsing a national effort against teen pregnancy.

"No one wants to get this (Lewinsky) matter behind us more than I do, except maybe all the rest of the American people,"

--Bill Clinton

" The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"

--Bill Clinton, during an interview on MTV in 1993

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."

-- Bill Clinton, May 29, 1993, The White House

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans . . . ."

--William J. Clinton, USA Today, March 11, 1993

When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly.... [However, now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it."

-- Bill Clinton, 3-22-94, MTV's "Enough is Enough"

"They've been exposed as the trash they are"

Bill Clinton, January 27, 1992, speaking about the allegations that he had a 12 year affair with Gennifer Flowers...

Arkansas Gazette

January 1998, Bill Clinton admits under oath in the Paula Jones deposition that he had an affair with Gennifer Flowers.

"African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do."

--Bill Clinton on Black Entertainment Television, November 2, 1994

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

-- excerpts from Bill Clinton's grand jury testimony

3. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

"Read my lips..."

Well, ya'll know the rest! (and what really happened) :rolleyes:

4. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Re: But now that you mention it......

Congratulations. You can copy and paste from some conservative website. Your mother would be proud!

Now then...all that has what to do with the discussion of VA funding, the treatment of vets in general, etc...? Nothing. :rolleyes:

Yeesh. Stick to the topic at hand, will ya?

5. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

QUOTE]Congratulations. You can copy and paste from some conservative website. Your mother would be proud! [/QUOTE]

What a hypocrite!!!!!!!!

You started this post with,stats. FROM THE ONION!!!!!! Hardly a unbiased publication. LMOA

I bet yo' momma ain't proud of you!

Man you are really something, why you so worked up? Is VA not giving you your Prozac or something!!!!!

6. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Go look at this guys sources.

He cites a Private Homeless Veterans Program for informaition about the homeless. Thats like citing the KKK for information about the effectiveness of Affirmitive Action.

Then he cites a VA report that he represents as a study of VA hospitals when In reality it is a study of ONE!! Hospital in Georgia.

Your information is not credible dude.

One problem I do see with the VA though, They shouldn't let their Mental patients have access to computers.

7. EMathy

1.) You'll note the sentence above the Onion link says "satire".
    2.) If you care to read the news, those figures didn't come from the Onion. They were bantered about by a variety of major news sources, as shown by sdiver's post. In fact, I had seen them many, many times before I caught the Onion article. That article made me laugh, honestly, because it was generally well done.

And, once again...you dodge around the point of the discussion. If you don't have anything interesting to add, why are you here? :rolleyes:

8. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

To make your life miserable.

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

That's mine and Brad Wilson's job:D

10. EMathy

Sure, let's. I note you have posted jack all yet.

That analogy is pretty crazed. A program that tries to get homeless vets off the street compared to an organization that advocates racism and hate crimes?

That's bizarre, as it's coming from a vet who is talking about an organization that tries to help other vets.

If you'd care to actually look, the figures come from a report called:

"The Forgotten Americans-Homelessness: Programs and the People They Serve", released December 8, 1999 by the Interagency Council on the Homeless is their National Survey of Homeless Assistance Providers and Clients (NSHAPC). You can get a copy at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website. I guess they find it credible enough.

She-ite! OK, that I'll take a hit on. Let's see if I can come up with some "credible" sources on nationwide VA hospital services, both Pros and Cons the next few days.

Side note: Have you gotten around to telling us what your Clinton quotes have to do with veterans yet? I'm kinda curious.

Since we're talking credible sources, how about you come up with some to support your claim that the quality of service at VA hospitals is on par with the rest of the healthcare system? That's one of the issues at hand, right?

11. EMathy

Well, damn, man! You're doing a lousy job of it!! :D

12. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Ok, I take the challenge. VA hospitals have "Superior Energy Performance!!!" How 'Bout that!!

Veterans Hospitals Awarded for Superior Energy Performance
    May 14, 2003

EPA Administrator Christie Whitman today recognized 18 Veterans Health Administration (VHA) hospitals across the country with the ENERGY STAR for their superior energy efficiency. Whitman was joined by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs Anthony J. Principi and Department of Energy Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy David Garman at an event held at the Department of Veterans Affairs honoring federal leadership in energy management in the healthcare sector.

13. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Few racial, ethnic differences in stroke care at Veterans Vospitals

DALLAS, March 21 – Blacks and whites receive virtually equal stroke care at Veterans Affairs Health Administration (VA) hospitals, according to a study in today's rapid access issue of Stroke: Journal of the American Heart Association

14. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

VA Provides Services Tailored to the Needs of Women Veterans

AP. In 1993, the US Secretary for Health appointed a committee to develop more comprehensive guidelines for women veterans' health care services, and this led to a nationwide initiative establishing designated Women's Health Clinics in all VA health care centers.

15. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

U.S. SENATOR PATRICK LEAHY

VERMONT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VETERANS AFFAIRS ANNOUNCES CHANGES IN RULES
    GOVERNING VA BENEFITS;
    RESULT IS SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN VETERANS FUNDING

WASHINGTON (Nov. 21/02) -- The New England Senate delegation today lauded the decision by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to modify its rules concerning reimbursement rates to VA hospitals by the federal government. The changes announced by the VA could mean an additional $25 million in funding for VA hospitals in Veterans Integrated Service Network 1,

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Keep digging

If you are trying to prove Bush doesn't care about Vets, why do you keep quoting from old Clinton Era reports? The first one was year 2000, your homeless one from 1999.....?

:Poke:

Where is your evidence of this so-called cut in VA benefits by Bush II? I've posted a statement by the Secretary of the VA proclaiming the opposite is true, I'm still waiting for you to find an authorative source proving your "matters of public record" :rolleyes:

17. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Just curious.......

Doesn't the Secretary work of Bush?? (just questioning the source of the information and the potential spin doctoring....)

18. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Top Ten Hillary Clinton Mistakes

10. Beating Sam Donaldson to the ground with a nine iron

9. Bought Bill these gag super short jogging shorts and now he actually wears the things!

8. Cutting off Sinatra's Grammy speech

7. Not buying deodorized litter for Socks

6. Not buying deodorized litter for Roger

5. Her lingering TV kiss with Roseanne

4. The time she got too near Bill at feed time and lost a finger

3. Introducing fiance Bill to her sexy roommate Gennifer

2. Inviting Ted Kennedy to White House for open bar

1. Not making Bill take her last name

19. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Clinton Scandals Continue To Surface

Nov. 6, 2002

The General Accounting Office (GAO) reported last week that 16 percent of our National Guard and Reserve pilots and air crew have transferred out of their combat positions. An additional 18 percent of those surveyed have also stated their intent to transfer or leave.
    Did they suddenly lose their zeal for flying? Are they fatigued after years of service? Are they avoiding possible deployment for an invasion of Iraq?

None of the above; the pilots' departure has nothing to do with flying or with war. The GAO discovered that those pilots departed because the Clinton Administration ordered them to receive the anthrax vaccine, and 86 percent of those who did take the shots reported adverse side effects.

Now, after scores of resignations and hundreds of careers destroyed by courts martial, we discover that our brave servicemen and women were right to resist the anthrax orders, and the government was fatally and corruptly wrong. A lawsuit filed by two Connecticut Air Force Reserve pilots asserted that the vaccine used on the military was never properly tested, and the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) recent response was to halt use of existing stocks of the vaccine.

Several months earlier, the FDA had ordered that a warning be included in the vaccine's insert package stating that the vaccine can harm people with immunity disorders, can cause a host of serious long- term adverse reactions, and could already be responsible for six deaths and a number of birth defects. These warnings were based on complaints by military vaccine users since 1998 and show an injury rate that far exceeds casualty rates in combat.

The FDA warning also states that adverse reactions are expected in 5 to 35 percent of people who get the injection. That is an absolutely shocking danger difference from the advertised 0.2 percent rate when Clinton ordered everyone in the military to be given the vaccine.

Clinton saw in the anthrax vaccine a way to stick it to the military he "loathed," literally, while handing a pot of gold to an important political ally. It was win-win for the Clintonistas, but lose/lose for our finest servicemen and women.

The biggest beneficiary of the order to force the anthrax vaccine on the military was Admiral William Crowe, the former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who had provided political "cover" for Clinton at a key moment during his bid for the presidency in 1992. Crowe personally vouched for Clinton against charges that he was a draft- dodger.

A grateful President Clinton rewarded Crowe with the plum appointment as Ambassador to England. But even that was not enough; Clinton handed BioPort, a corporation where Crowe was a director and a stockholder, an exclusive multi-million-dollar contract to supply 2.4 million servicemen with the anthrax vaccine.

Crowe reportedly received substantial stock in BioPort's parent company without paying for it. A Pentagon audit in April 2000 revealed that BioPort wasted funds on "excessive travel costs, excessive severance pay and unsubstantiated consulting costs," including $1.28 million in "unreasonable" bonuses for senior management.

About a year after BioPort contractually obligated itself to supply the anthrax for $25.7 million, the Clinton Administration nearly doubled its promised payments to $49.8 million even though the FDA repeatedly cited BioPort for quality deficiencies, and BioPort failed federal inspections again and again. BioPort was even indemnified against all liability from adverse reactions to the vaccine, which Army Secretary Louis Caldera admitted was "unusually hazardous" for certain recipients.

An emergency medicine physician at Keesler Air Force base in Mississippi, Captain John Buck, chose to face a court-martial rather than be injected with the vaccine. "A red lump on the arm is not something that scares me," Buck said, "but an autoimmune disorder for the rest of my life is."

The Clinton Administration cruelly court-martialed hundreds of servicemen for declining the unsafe, untested vaccine.

The anthrax vaccine, which was imposed on servicemen and women alike, was never tested for harm to unborn children. Clinton's feminist advisors would never permit treating women differently from men, even for the sake of avoiding birth defects.

The number of deaths that the FDA now concedes could have been caused by the anthrax vaccine exceeds the casualties from the anthrax itself when the mails and office buildings were contaminated last year. The postal workers showed good common sense when 98 percent of them rejected the government's hard-sell sales talk to be voluntarily injected with the vaccine.

We are waiting for the Department of Defense to do the right thing: restore the careers, with rank and pay, of the hundreds of servicemen and women who were punished for refusing a corrupt order to be injected with the unsafe, untested and unnecessary vaccine. One reason we elected George W. Bush was to remedy Bill Clinton's mistakes, and this is a good place to start.

20. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

All the President's women
    BBC ONE TV NEWS
    WORLD NEWS SUMMARY

Although Paula Jones's sexual harassment case against the president has collapsed, allegations about Bill Clinton's private life continue to dog his administration.
    Among the women who have made the headlines are:

Kathleen Willey

Former White House volunteer Kathleen Willey told CBS's 60 Minutes that she was groped by the President when she went to ask advice about her financial difficulties. Ms Willey, 51, said he hugged her, touched her breasts, and put her hand on his aroused genitals.

Mr Clinton denied the accusations, but said he hugged her and may have kissed her on the forehead to console her, but insisted the incident was not sexual.

She gave a deposition in 1993 that the President kissed her and asked for sex while the two were in a room next to the Oval office.

Paula Jones

Mrs Jones is a former Arkansas state clerk who alleged that when Mr Clinton was governor of Arkansas in 1991, she was summoned to his room at the Excelsior Hotel in Little Rock, by a state trooper.

She has said he then dropped then his trousers and, alluding to his genitals, asked her to "kiss it." She claims that she refused his offer and was then told to keep quiet about the incident. She said that she was later demoted at work as a result. Mrs Jones filed a formal complaint against President Clinton in May 1994 alleging sexual harassment and defamation of character but in April 1998, the case was thrown out.

Federal Judge Susan Webber Wright dismissed Paula Jones's case against the president, saying that her lawyers had failed to provide enough evidence to prove it could win at trial.

Monica Lewinsky

This 23-year-old former White House aide is the youngest of the President's women to emerge. Paula Jones's lawyers discovered her after they spoke to a number of his female aides, in the hope of establishing a pattern of sexual behaviour.

Ms Lewinsky was an unpaid intern when it is alleged that the President first took an interest in her. It is claimed the two had an affair which lasted a year and that they had sex in the White House. When Ms Lewinsky first arrived in Washington she worked in the office of the Chief of Staff and later ended up in 1997 as secretary to the Defense Department Spokesman, Kenneth Bacon.

After leaving the White House she worked at the Pentagon. It is reported that she got her latest job at the Revlon Corporation after being recommended to the company by Vernon Jordan, a close friend of Mr Clinton's. Until last year she lived at the Watergate apartment building in Washington - the same building where a break-in more than 20 years ago led to the downfall of President Nixon.

Gennifer Flowers

Ms Flowers is a former nightclub singer who became the focus of attention during Mr Clinton's 1992 election campaign. She alleged at the time that the she had an affair with Bill Clinton for 12 years while he was governor of Arkansas.

She sold tapes of their telephone conversations and said that he offered her a job in local government in exchange for sexual favours. These accusations prompted Mr and Mrs Clinton to admit on national television that they had experienced problems in their marriage.

Hillary Clinton

Mr Clinton's wife has been always been fiercely loyal. When allegations arose about Mr Clinton and Gennifer Flowers in 1992 the couple went on TV to talk about it. This frankness was seen as laudable honesty at the time.

In public she has criticised many of the allegations against her husband as politically motivated slurs. However, behind closed doors the two are reported to have had blazing rows. Mrs Clinton is a high powered lawyer who married Mr Clinton in 1977. They have a 17-year-old daughter, Chelsea, who is studying medicine at Stanford University in California.

Others include:

Elizabeth Ward Gracen, 37 a former Miss America, told the New York Daily News on March 31 1998 that she had had consensual sex with Mr Clinton in 1982. Her statement followed allegations that the President, then Governor of Arkansas, had forced her to have sex with him.

Sally Perdue, a former Miss Arkansas, who has alleged that she had a sexual relationship with Mr Clinton in 1983. She said that the Arkansas state troopers used to escort him to her house and then wait outside while the two were meeting.

Finally Dolly Kyle Browning, an old friend of Mr Clinton's from Arkansas has also said she had an affair with him. She claims he tried to start up another relationship with her in 1994.

Search BBC News Online

Advanced search options

BBC RADIO NEWS

BBC ONE TV NEWS

WORLD NEWS SUMMARY

BBC NEWS 24 BULLETIN

PROGRAMMES GUIDE

See also:

10 Feb 98 | Talking Point
    Analysis: What you think of Bill Clinton
    Internet links:

The White House